Newbie Dos Software for Conect lathe 121

Thread: Dos Software for Conect lathe 121

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dos Software for Conect lathe 121

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a conect 121 lathe (Grey housing with control panel on front left hand). It is about 10 years old and has the tool changer on it. I have the PC (Win 95), with the software running through Dos, however when I try to send the program from PC to the lathe the software asks me to ask the teacher for the password and enter it! I do not know the password and the school I got the machine from does not know it anymore because they thought it was "conect", which does not work.

Does anyone have a copy of any software that will be able to run the machine? I could then install it from scratch and not have the problem with the password.

Any help with this will be kindly received, many thanks, Gaz

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the standard password is "conectl" for the lathe and conectm for the mill. Sorry Gaz bit late posting this and guess not a lot of help but may be of help for others searching for the same information!!!

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cracked it

Thanks for the reply

I cracked the password a couple of weeks ago and have got the old girl running fine.

Thanks again

Gaz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default conect

hi just read jhat u got your conect up@runing iam looking for software for CONECT NUMERICAL CONTROL CADET PLUS LATHE@CONTOUR MILL.can u put me in the right direction ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default original dos software

I run the mill (Contour Major) on either the original dos based software which came with the machine, or on a basic drawing package called 2D Design. 2D Design plots to the mill like a printer, and you specify the depths and cutters etc; works well and very easy to do. However using this software, you dont have full control of how the machine will organise its cuts like you do with the dos software.

I only run the lathe (121) on the original dos software and have not found an alternative. I am not sure if the lathe will be compatible with modern operating systems and software. Maybe a more experienced user of these machines may be able to help.

I write the code in notepad and load it into the dos software to simulate before sending to the machine.

Hope this helps. I am still looking out for a copy of the dos software on disc incase my hard drive fails! (I am unable to create a backup of the original software - I think its protected in some way)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dos software for Conect

Hi
    I developed all the software for the full range of mills,lathes and routers for Conect. I am thinking of offering copies on Ebay would you be interested.

Regards Steve Johnson

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New software

Yes, i think i might be, is it possible to trial it on a limited time first? I can run my machines fine at the moment, however if anything happens to the software I do not have back-up's; this might be a way to solve the problem. Let us know, many thanks, Gazza

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Details

Hi, i would be very interested too, as i currently have a "Shesto Cadet" with a Conect 121 board inside it which is useless right now (no BBC computers around)...

If there is any information you could offer me which might help me get it up and running again I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Andrew

(email address: cnczone-post@andrewbeveridge.co.uk)

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default conectl cnc clyde model

Hello i have a conectl clyde model cnc lathe that i have got from a school but donot have the dos softwear that it takes. is there anyway i can get a copy of the softwear that you have for this lathe.you can email me at
    mike@crosscreekcc.com any help will be great.

thanks
    mike

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes i need a copy for a conectl clyde model lathe that i have if you can help .
    please email me at mike@crosscreekcc.com

thanks
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnctrain View Post
    Hi
    I developed all the software for the full range of mills,lathes and routers for Conect. I am thinking of offering copies on Ebay would you be interested.

Regards Steve Johnson
    Hi steve:

I'm very interested in this software and other info on the contour Major mill if you have it. Can you contact me at seahog@btinternet.com

Best regards
    Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi: For everyone struggling to get a Conect CNC machine up and running (Lathe and mill) here's what I know:

The machines don't like Pentium based computers....even the old, old pentium systems. Find an old 'boat anchor' 486 based system and half your problems are immediately solved.

The machine likes DOS 6.22 - pure and simple. Not the DOS prompt from Windows.
    The machine will tolerate Windows 3.1 or Win for work groups 3.1(1) but no higher version of Windows.

Setting the port communication parameters via Win 3.1 control panel DOES NOT work. The RS232 port (com1 or com2) needs to be set by DOS on boot up. Edit the DOS Autoexec.bat file to include the following command: mode com1:48,n,7,1,
    This sets the com1 port on boot up to Baud rate = 4800, parity = none, data bits = 7, Stop bits = 1 and the default of no handshaking. Don't know what Conect had originally intended....but these settings work.

The control software will not read DXF files from anything newer than Autosketch 1.x, 2.x

The communications cable (PC to Mill/lathe) is straight through....NOT a null modem cable.

I have the manuals for both the lathe and the mill. I have the control software for the mill and hope to have the lathe software within the next coupla weeks. Email me at seahog@btinternet.com if you need copies.

For free copies of Microsoft DOS 6.22, Win 3.1, WFWG 3.1(1), and Autosketch 1.0 go to Vetusware.com

Now I know somebody out there is going to tell me I've got it all wrong.....don't bother. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't. What I know is that after a year of piddling about with this stuff this setup actually works!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI GAZZ
    I JUST GOT A CONECT MILL WITH BOOK AND SOFTWARE BUT CANT RUN IT ON WIN 98 DID YOURS WORK OK ON WIN95
    MANY THANKS DAVY

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CONECT PASWORD FOT MILL

HI ALL IF YOU PRESS YOUR ALT KEY AND P AT THE SAME TIME
    YOU GET THE PASSWORD ENTER WINDOW MY PASSWORD WAS

Conectm that was with a cap c. hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile conect cnc mill

hi all good news i got the mill up and running
    iam using windows 98 on an old socket 7 motherboard with an amd k6/2/ 400cpu and 128 mm ram.
    if i can help just ask

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software Request

Hi All.

I have just bought a Connect Cadet CNC Lathe.

Unfortunately it was supplied WITHOUT any software.

Does anybody have a copy that I could use? Or does anyone know where I could get a copy?

I am eager and excited to get it up and going.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards

Quantum Kev.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software Request

Quote Originally Posted by QUANTUM KEV View Post
    Hi All.

I have just bought a Connect Cadet CNC Lathe.

Unfortunately it was supplied WITHOUT any software.

Does anybody have a copy that I could use? Or does anyone know where I could get a copy?

I am eager and excited to get it up and going.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards

Quantum Kev.

HI Quantum Kev, did you managed to get your hands on software?

Pirslys

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dos software for Conect

Quote Originally Posted by cnctrain View Post
    Hi

Regards Steve Johnson
    Dear Steve,

I tried to reach you via your email address as listed at cnctrain.com but that doesn't seem to work for me.
    Let me know if it is possible and how to obtain a CNCtrain license.

Thanks