3040 CNC that "jump" on the X axis

Thread: 3040 CNC that "jump" on the X axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3040 CNC that "jump" on the X axis

Hey Folks,

I've been running my 3040 CNC for years without any major problems.

Lately, I've had to change the stepper driver, as one of the embedded one went bad. I used some TB6600. While doing this, I figured it might be a good occasion to replace the cables as they've been running for years.

I use Mach 3, and everything works fine. Ran a file and noticed that each pocket were not aligned. Ran the same file without material, and noticed the was something wrong with the X axis. After cutting, the router would not return to it's home position from the beginning. it was offset by about 21-22mm. It was pretty constant in terms of offset.

Did a lot of test: swapped the stepper driver, replaced them with some HY-DIV268, swapped the motor cables (new one have quick connect), swapped the pulse source being used, changed the motor. no matter what I would do, the x axis would always be offset. Compiled another file: same thing X axis is freakin' offset.

Watched it going: it would make its move then all sudden move quickly to the right or to the left, without any reason, out of the expected path.

I opened my file on some online G-code emulator: seems OK, as far as I can tell/see.

I'm stuck....Dunno what else to check. Only thing I haven't changed is the break out board for the pulses.

Open to suggestion