No Masso Fans here ?

Thread: No Masso Fans here ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Masso Fans here ?

Just picked up a Bridgeport Mill and interested in setting up CNC on it... found a couple of youtube videos with masso / clearpath set up on similar machine.. any pros / cons to this ?

thanks,

Joe

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Masso Fans here ?

We're interested in using a Masso controller for a 3 axis gantry robot hot melt glue application machine we're building.

Love the all in one aspect and ditching the PC, but there's not a lot of info out there about them.

Downloads
    Uploads

SSN, since posting im leaning to Linux CNC and Mesa boards... Masso looks cool but not sure on knowledge and support...

that is unless they want to give me one to wring out...

JOe

Downloads
    Uploads

There have been a few threads here about the Masso. Most found it lacking in several areas.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I have one but haven't used it yet. I am in the process of doing a conversion on a Precision Matthews pm940. I am still buying all the stuff I will need. I just received the milling machine two weeks ago but I had it ordered for 3 months. I just ordered some clearpath servos and they should be here in a couple of days. Masso has a forum and you can go check it out. It appears they have excellent customer service and are constantly making upgrades to their software. The one thing it is lacking is they had to disable the backlash compensation because of a major update but they should have available again very soon. Plus the touchscreen upgrade is not up to par. It doesn't support very many brands of monitors yet. But besides that, it seems to be a pretty good controller that keeps getting better with each update. It will support up to 5 axis and has plenty of inputs/outputs. I do like it is a stand alone controller that doesn't need a computer. If you have any problems, they will help you resolve it. I hope to have it up and running soon but I have a lot of work to do before I get the mill converted.

Downloads
    Uploads

HalfStep, sounds like good stuff ! i am looking forward to following your build. Please post here or provide a link to your build thread !

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    HalfStep, sounds like good stuff ! i am looking forward to following your build. Please post here or provide a link to your build thread !

Joe
    Thanks, once I get most of what I need, I will begin the build and will post a build thread. Since this is my only mill, I have to use it to build some of the parts so will have to plan things out very well as not to stumble over myself. The pm940 is a large heavy mill so taking it apart is a task itself. I don't want to take it apart no more than necessary so I am exploring some options that may save me some hassle. I have most of what I need for the electrical enclosure and now I am looking at how I am going to do the ball screws/mounts. I was planning on buying a ball screw kit and have been waiting for a long time for it. I don't know if or when I would get it so it looks like I may be making my own. The kit would have saved me some aggravation and time so I was hoping I could get one. But if I can't, I will build my own. It makes it harder since I only have one milling machine but it is doable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Working on a Masso controller to Leadshine Stepper and a CNCRouterparts 4896HD

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going to try and use the Masso on a Surface Grinder. I have had the Masso for some time. I'm finishing my Milling machine wiring that I converted to CNC using an Centroid Acorn. Actually looking forward to the Masso conversion.

John