HELP CANNOT RESET ERR MSG “LIMIT SWITCH TRIGGERED”

Thread: HELP CANNOT RESET ERR MSG “LIMIT SWITCH TRIGGERED”

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP CANNOT RESET ERR MSG “LIMIT SWITCH TRIGGERED”

My diy CNC, over 13 years old and finally decided to add homing and limit switches so I could take full advantage of “ScreenSet 2010” screen software.
    My System: Mach3, ESS Smoothstepper, C25 BOB, Gecko 540 drivers. Proximity Sensors NPN NC 4mm 6-36V, and ScreenSet 2010 a very nice screen display utility.

Recently built a perforated PCB containing the necessary resistors and Diodes to set the output voltage. All sensors can be activated on and off and light the apporiate Leds on the BOB and in the Mach3 Config screens. I positioned the Proxi switched so they activated a few mm before the axis hit the hard fast limit, in preparation for homing and such.

I could drive all the axis without any issues. I could start the ScreenSet 2010 (SS) and reset as normal no problem.

BUT, I was touching some of the SS homing axis buttons at the top of the screen and after that I received a “Limit Switch Triggered “ error msg. However there were none of the switches triggered. And since that time I cannot get out of that error msg.

Because I didn’t have homing or limit switches before I could not use any of the SS properties such as homing, auto Z Zero or many of the features of SS that I would like to use.

I tried starting up the system without the Proximity system powered up and I still got the same Triggered msg.

Any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP CANNOT RESET ERR MSG “LIMIT SWITCH TRIGGERED”

Try to disable all but one limit or home switch so you can pin point the issue. If your sensors are 24v and you are running them on 5v that is your issue. Also try to invert active high to active low, etc. always start with one sensor and disable all others in smoothstepper setup

Downloads
    Uploads

I find that if I declare in mach3 Config only XYZand A I can do a reset at startup.
    But if I include the X++ and Y++ along with the above settings I cannot do a reset at startup.

Help what can I do to be able to reset with all the inputs active?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP CANNOT RESET ERR MSG “LIMIT SWITCH TRIGGERED”-728a94d5-e9bd-449f-b9c1-0955c4386d27-jpg   HELP CANNOT RESET ERR MSG “LIMIT SWITCH TRIGGERED”-6c7f3734-934b-48db-a3cb-be09f183a1aa-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you double checks your ESS plug-in in configuration? When you configure one limit like X++ can you go to the diagnostic screen and see the led for X++ change when you activate the limit, color should turn on and off as you press the limit

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much for all your help, but for now I’m giving up on Proximity Sensors. Get some projects I’ve got to get done.

I have installed micro switches in the X, Y, and Z home.

Again thanks. And before I attempt to go the Proxcimity route again I have full understanding of the wiring configuration I need.