Looking for pinout for a Chinese Scale reader head

Thread: Looking for pinout for a Chinese Scale reader head

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for pinout for a Chinese Scale reader head

Hi All,

I've got an elderly Shumatech DRO-350 and was using it this past week and the read head on the X axis of my mini mill decided it was time to give up the ghost. I ordered what looked to be a drop in replacement but when it arrived, I noticed it had a mini USB connector as it's data port. The old chinese scales used a plug that had four sprung strips that lay against four strips in the reader head. I'd been using a cable I got from Little Machine shop years ago that had that plug on the scale end, and a 4 pin mini DIN connector on the other that plugged into the DRO-350. Attached is a picture of the connection lines. Wondering if anyone knows what the pinout for the mini USB connector would be and if it would match up to the lines pictured below on the mini DIN. If so I can cobble together a cable that has the mini DIN on one and a mini USB on the other.

Thanks,
    Mark

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for pinout for a Chinese Scale reader head-scale-pinout-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for pinout for a Chinese Scale reader head

I have an old Shula tech dro kit will look at docs and see if it has pin out info

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for pinout for a Chinese Scale reader head

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    I have an old Shula tech dro kit will look at docs and see if it has pin out info

Hi,

I have all the old docs too for the DRO, but I don't think Scott anticipated the newer Chinese scales would use a mini USB connection on the data port. Back when the DRO-350 was designed, the connector was a funky little plug that had the four spring strips on it that slid over four pads in the data port and passed the Vneg, Vpos, data and clock.

I need the pinout for the mini USB port on the read head of the new scale to in order to cobble together a cable. I've got the pinout for the connector that plugs into the DRO.

Hoping the mini USB has similar pins in their layout.

Thanks,
    Mark