Wiring Schematic Suggested ON/OFF Switches

Thread: Wiring Schematic Suggested ON/OFF Switches

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring Schematic Suggested ON/OFF Switches

The attached simple schematic is my first attempt to establish the required ON/OFF switches for my new CNC. The spindle is a TaigR16 spindle which is controlled by a KBIC solid state SCR 90VDC motor speed controller and I assume the switch indicated on this schematic (Main Motors & Spindle Switch) will be sufficient. The Estop is not shown because it will be part of the wiring I will do for the limit switches later.

I like to have the laptop with Mach3 on a separate switch because quite often when I work on Mach3 I prefer not to have anything else running.

Any comments will be appreciated

BTW can somebody tell me what happens with the CNCZone Forum? Can we still post question there or it’s better to post all questions here?

Nicolas

Community Moderator RaderSidetrack's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring Schematic Suggested ON/OFF Switches

Note, the schematic attachment you mention is not present in your post.

And if you are viewing this thread somewhere other than CNCZone, here is your thread link at CNCZone:
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gener...cnc-forum.html

Yes, CNC related posts/questions/threads are welcome at CNCZone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the help, so I will stick to the cnczone.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Kind of confused guys but I posted this thread in the IndustryArena but I was told my thread is transfered here without my simple schematic. So I post the schematic here now and hope it works!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring Schematic Suggested ON/OFF Switches-wiring-schematic-on_off-switch-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

The schematic posted OK this time.

Personally, my preference would be to have the laptop on a different 110/120volt circuit than the Taig. Whether you can do that depends on how your existing wiring is set up, of course.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RaderSidetrack View Post
    The schematic posted OK this time.
    Personally, my preference would be to have the laptop on a different 110/120volt circuit than the Taig. Whether you can do that depends on how your existing wiring is set up, of course.
    Thanks for the help

Actually I use a DIN rail to feed the 110VAC and then I use individual terminal blocks to feed each item (laptop, Taig, etc.) so to me each item has its own circuit.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I was referring to the house/structure wiring, where the laptop would be on a different circuit/breaker in the structure's main breaker box than the Taig. Yes, the different circuits are connected in the breaker box, but using different circuits in the structure wiring minimizes the effect of start/stop/surges etc on the computer equipment / laptop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh..well now I understand and I agree but that’s impossible in my situation.

I’m building a cnc in my garage and when it’s done I will plug an extension cord from the nearest wall outlet (about 5 feet) to the cnc (the 15A breaker on this circuit is only for the garage plugs/lights and 2 garage door openers). Dragging a new line from the main AC panel to the cnc means I will have to open walls and ceiling for the new cable and the “boss” in the house doesn’t like to have exposed cables on the walls/ceiling. In any case I had another cnc before connected similarly and never noticed anything wrong.

Nicolas