Need Help! Teknic Servo drive Power supply - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teknic Servo drive Power supply

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Teknic Servo drive Power supply

That's not a regulated power supply so roughly VDCout * turns ratio = VACin *1.414. In other words, the PS is rated at 230VAC in, and running at 250V in would give you around 80V out.

Is this a problem for your driver? I don't know.

At the high acceleration rates of your machine, I would expect the current spikes to be pretty high, but momentary. When cutting the stars, I would expect the drives to be working pretty hard due to the short high acceleration moves. But when cutting the stripes, the current draw should be pretty low on average because nothing is working very hard. The power supply has a lot of momentary overload capacity. Yes, ''ED'' is the duty cycle, in other words it will output 15 amps for short periods of time and still be within the rated capacity.

The noise and vibration you are experiencing may be another issue entirely, but not sure what. I would need to understand more about the conditions when this occurs.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I had stepped away from this machine for a while and just came back to mess with it and sort out the bugs. I left a machine that was operational with some hiccups and came back to a machine that wouldn't even home without a motor fault. I have been though this thing one end to the other inspecting and swapping parts and I think I have everything resolve other than one new issue that has come up. I keep blowing the 15amp output fuse from the DC power supply. The Z axis which raises and lowers the cutting bed seems to be the motor that is causing the fuse to blow and I assume its because it has the heaviest load on it. No big deal, I just need more power supply which brings up this question. I have two of these Linmot T01 420 power supplies but only enough room to mount one near the Servo drives. Would there be any issue if I mounted the power supplies on the other side of the machine which would require using roughly 8ft of wire back to the servo drives to power them? I guess the questions is any issue with using 8ft or so of wire from the power supply to the servo drives rather than having the power supplies right above the drives and only using a very short wire?

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't see any problem at all.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Perfect, this is the route I will be taking then. Thanks again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12