M16D: How to have ±10 V analog for servo velocity control? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M16D: How to have ±10 V analog for servo velocity control?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: M16D: How to have ±10 V analog for servo velocity control?

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Sounds like you have to much Gain on the servo as well it should not be making that noise, so you have work to do with your Drive setup
    That noise comes from the servo drives external cooling fan. It runs like crazy. The drive and servo runs very quiet without that unit. Maybe I should unplug its socket. There is also 2 fans in the cabined. One blows in and the other blows out.

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    I have M16 (successor of M16D) board on my lathe. Spindle motor is an induction motor. I added an incremental encoder to the spindle. This way I can do threading. With the same logic I should be able to rigid tapping on the mill too. Because both machines use different motors but same analog control. Both have encoder feedback.

I confess that I may be never do rigid tapping but since I'm in the middle of my scratch project my aim is the best I can have. You know, rigid tapping sounds cool : d
    Your Drive should not disable when you stop the 0-10v supply, so you have something wired incorrect

Servo On should be on it's own circuit

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I confess that I may be never do rigid tapping but since I'm in the middle of my scratch project my aim is the best I can have. You know, rigid tapping sounds cool : d
    Yeah, I had that problem too, it sounded kool, and as my servo already had everything needed to do it....I did it. I've used it less than a dozen times over several years, while I use
    the free running spindle function whenever I have this particular spindle installed. I have a high-speed low torque spindle (24000rpm, 800W) which I use mostly, and this low speed high(er)
    torque spindle (3500rpm, 1.8kW) which I install for milling steel.

I am just commissioning my new build mill now....and I won't be bothered with rigid tapping for a while yet. The main (still) use of my mill is making PCBs.....its what pays, I'll fiddle about
    with the other stuff at a later date.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

News:

I did contact to ABB support last week and asked if a digital input can be used to reverse direction. They answered:

Hi Suat,

This is not a standard configuration that we use so you would have to use a Mint program to achieve it.

The Mint program could be quite simple. Just invert the analog input when a digital input is true;

Loop

If INX(1) Then 'In this case I use DI1
    ADCGAIN(0)=-100
    Else
    ADCGAIN(0)=100

End If

End Loop

Auto

To use this:
    1. Go to Edit and Debug
    2. Open a new blank program
    3. copy and paste the above code
    4. Press the play button to download and run

Any questions let me know.

Best Regards

I tried and it worked like a charm. Now I'm able to reverse direction with just one onboard relay. No need for the external relay.

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    News:

I did contact to ABB support last week and asked if a digital input can be used to reverse direction. They answered:

[/FONT]

I tried and it worked like a charm. Now I'm able to reverse direction with just one onboard relay. No need for the external relay.[/I][/B]
    That's a good, excellent information they gave you, being a programmer makes it even that much easier for you

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you got it all worked out. I was going to point you to a small board that provides +/- 10VDC for your spindle drive.This what I'm going to use IF I can configure the spindle drive to orientate the spindle every time it stops because my spindle is BT30 and the machine has a 8 position carousel ATC.
    https://www.cnc4pc.com/c89-10vdc-ana...rol-board.html
    I am in the middle of working on something very similar to you. How did you contact support for the Microflex drives, I looked and didn't see any phone or email addresses.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.....I as of late got some old servo packs which are equipped for speed circle control with +/ - 10v simple control signal. I was thinking how to test them and happened upon Arduino. Yet, as I looked I was unable to discover way (read instructional exercise) how to control bipolar simple sign, just unipolar 0-10v (utilized for darkening). So as the +/ - 10v sign control is really far reaching standard I was trusting somebody was attempting to tackle something almost identical before me and could guide me toward arrangement. That would be incredible.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceTran View Post
    Hi.....I as of late got some old servo packs which are equipped for speed circle control with +/ - 10v simple control signal. I was thinking how to test them and happened upon Arduino. Yet, as I looked I was unable to discover way (read instructional exercise) how to control bipolar simple sign, just unipolar 0-10v (utilized for darkening). So as the +/ - 10v sign control is really far reaching standard I was trusting somebody was attempting to tackle something almost identical before me and could guide me toward arrangement. That would be incredible.
    You might consider asking this question on the Arduino subform here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceTran View Post
    If you just need to test then you just need a 10v supply and a pot this will let you test the drive in one direction if you have a power supply that has a +/- supply then you can just switch for the direction, it's quite easy to do. the snip will show you how, you can make it complicated or simple.

What are the servo drives you have.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M16D: How to have ±10 V analog for servo velocity control?-potentiometer-input-ac-servo-drive-jpg  
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12