Good evening everyone,

I'm looking to clear up some confusion in my overloaded head right now during my switch over to UCCNC 300ETH UB1 from DSP.

For weeks I've been reading up on things as much as I can to do this myself. Originally, I was going to pay for this to be done by an expert but the chap helping couldn't anymore due to Covid. So here I am with all the hardware ready to roll...

The machine itself is from a well respected UK company who imports machines from China.Till now the machine has been flawless and the end goal is to convert it to full ATC with UCCNC and a jian-ken ATC spindle which I already have. With my company being young, this is an affordable solution for us now we are in production and need ATC for speed. The feedback from some guys on here is the hardware is worth the effort having seen the machine. So here we are giving it a go. First step is to get te UCCNC running.....

I've tried my best but still looking for some advice on the following:

HOME Switches:

At present the machine has 3 OMRON TL - Q5MC1 NPN Proximity switches all wired to separate ports on the DSP BOB. MY plan is to keep these individually wired into the UB1 BOB also as follows:

I've no experiance with these and think this is correct?

Brown wire on the prox switch to the a 24v feed on the UB1
Blue Wire on the prox switch to the 0v terminal on the UB1
Black wire on the prox switch to X111 (X AXIS) X112 (Y AXIS) and X113 for the (Z AXIS)

LIMIT switches:

The machine at present doesn't have separate switches, I'm not sure how DSP works but I suspect it is using the above home switches as the limit switches like UCCNC does. Anyways, should I take this conversion as an opportunity to fit extra limit switches or stick to what I have? What would you say is the best practice here?

On this note I'am very confused on the safety circuit side of things when it comes to the limit switches.....by this I mean incorporating them into the ESTOP loop. I've seen many diagrams with the limit switches wired in series along with a stop button into the ESTOP loop (eventually back to Pin 15 on the BOB). This makes sense but If I go with using my HOME switches as the limit switches then how can I have them wired into separate ports (Black to X111 etc) and in series in the ESTOP loop. I'm definitely missing something here and feel rather stupid.

To add to this I checked out the current setup on my physical stop (Mushroom) buttons today. It has a 32A schneider relay that runs the AC side of things, in which the stop buttons trip the relay and cut all power when pressed in an emergency. Great, but when measuring the voltage that controls the relay (loops through the 3 x mushroom style buttons) I was expecting 24VDC but it was in fact 240VAC. I'm sure this is also common but when looking at the UCCNC manual it shows stop buttons in the ESTOP loop as well as the limit switches . How can I achieve this if its controlling the schneider relay with 240VAC, Would this not have to be 24VDC to be part of the ESTOP loop?

I think that is enough for now haha, I would really appreciate someone to help clear up my confusion.

Many thanks
Paul