Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!

Thread: Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!

I have a mill with old Berger Lahr CNC components, like 1980s-90s old. It has handwheels and I currently use it as a manual mill. Could this be made to work under CNC yet, or even just add a MPG to jog the axes?

Supposedly the drivers and motors work, but they are really old and really out of my wheelhouse. Anyone familiar with these? Documentation seems to be non-existant online, because it's older than dirt. But hey, just because it's old doesn't mean it's all garbage. ...or maybe it does? lol

Each axis has a rack with what I assume is a controller and 5 driver boards. The motors are 10 wire 5 phase steppers. There is one pc cable with a 25 pin DB25(?) serial connector.

Motors: Berger Lahr RDM 51117/50
    Circuit cards: (1) Berger Lahr D 191 RS 05
    (5) Berger Lahr D 190 RS 02

What is it missing?
    How could I test it?
    How can I control it?
    Delete this post and continue using the cabinet as a coffee/beer holder?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!-img_4405-jpg   Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!-img_4406-jpg   Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!-img_4404-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Very old Berger Lahr components-info, help please?!

yes this can be made to work. However, you need to have a good electronic knowledge and some diagram or a lot of time to find the connections.
    First of all, power up and see if the motors hold possition. Fixing these drivers is possible, but again is that worth the effort ??
    The other way would be replace the motors and electronics. If the machine is stable, that might be a acceptable solution.