No 5v on the STB5100 motion board?

Thread: No 5v on the STB5100 motion board?

Default No 5v on the STB5100 motion board?

I have a new STB5100 5axis USB MACH3 board. I can't get the steppers to turn. The DROs indicated movement, but the steppers just stay in hold.
    I have doubled checked the wiring and the only thing I can find is no 5v at the 5v post on the motion board. The USB cable does have 5v at it and the little power light for the USB does light up. I'm not sure if the 5v to the driver is supposed to be constant, or only when the stepper is active/traveling. I have a stand alone 5v power supply but since there is no ground wire / 5v- for the driver I'm also not sure how to hook it up for a better test. Where would the 5v- and ground go?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: No 5v on the STB5100 motion board?

So I found 5v where its supposed to be by using the shield for the usb as the other lead. This is my third CNC control box build (first usb) and swear I can't figure out what's going on. It all acts like it is in OFFLINE mode. The DRO's work and respond to gcode, manual inputs, even the new MPG. The steppers go through the start up check, both red and green lights for a second at power up, then just green and in hold. I KNOW this is going to be something simple ( and embarrassing) but right now its just pissing me off.
    More when I have it....

It's all about the XML. Nuff said, problem solved.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is easy to wire this board, but the main problem with this usb system is susceptible to interference. So you must be careful on your component layout. I wired up everything including eStop, index, spindle relay and run well on the first time. Make sure board not too close with power supply or relay (suc as ssr). I just use 5V that is written on board, no problem. I used it for mach3 lathe.