Need Help! Novusun mpg salvage help

Thread: Novusun mpg salvage help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Novusun mpg salvage help

Impulse bought a novusun mpg kit..... long story short If you want to waste a few weeks of your life on something and be in a worse position then you started, it’s perfect -

Ended up getting a axbb-e board

Question is -
    Is it possible to connect the mpg from the novusun to my axbb-e board so it’s not a complete waste of $180?

https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/NVCNC_NVMPG_EN.pdf

http://www.cncdrive.com/downloads/AXBB_E_manual.pdf

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Novusun mpg salvage help

Hi ih8dug,
    I feel your pain. I've just posted a similar thread, but have yet to give up.
    Which Novusun board were you attempting to connect to? and how far did you get?
    Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did get x y axis movement when I first wired it up - that was via Ethernet cable direct to pc. After seeing that I started wiring the mpg to it and I couldn’t get it to connect from there on - tried ever IP address possible, bought new cables, bought a cross over cable, new power supplies, ripped it out and started again and yer it would turn on but just would not connect to the pc.

I spent literally weeks searching and trying - mainly because I am to impulsive to wait for something else to be delivered.. but yer after pretty much everything I came across about them was negative I just figured to can it and get something else. Hopefully you can get it.
    If you end up canning it this axbb-e board that I replaced it with seems to be pretty good so far. Only bad thing I can say about it is if it drops connection (the Ethernet cable gets bumped out of the pc or something) you have to restart Mach3 it won’t just connect back up again once the cable is plugged back in, is a little annoying but not that much of a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I think impulse purchasing was my downfall also.
    We only have ourselves to blame - there are plenty of warning signs without having to dig too deep on the forums.
    Mine is the USB version, so I didn't have any comms issues. PC connection worked right out of the box. I am having some accuracy issues on "return to zero" that I was willing to look the other way for - however, if the MPG refuses to play nicely - It's bin time.
    Thanks for the recommendation on the axbb-e board. I was already researching alternatives and that was one of them.
    As for your original question regarding salvaging the NVMPG on your new board... good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ih8dug.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've finally given up on the NVUM and took your advice with the AXBB-E. currently in transit.
    Are you still using mach3? or have you switched to UCCNC? I cant seem to readily find a mach3 plugin specifically for the AXBB-E.
    Also, were you able to make use of the MPG on the new board?
    Any further input on your experience with the AXBB-E would also be appreciated.
    Cheers.