Need Help! Desperate help needed for encoder

Thread: Desperate help needed for encoder

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Desperate help needed for encoder

Desperately need some help. We have a Leadwell auto lathe with 8 tool stations. But the encoder on the turret has failed. It has 10 wires. 1 is a ground, 1 is a 24 volt supply and the other 8 wires return that 24 volt supply back to machine depending which position the turret is in. I can manually connect that 24v supply to the corresponding turret position wire to alloy the use of that tool. But without the encoder automatically doing that we can’t run programmes that require tool changes which is 99% of out jobs and we’re loosing money by the bucket load. Have contacted leadwell but they no longer supply that part. Have contacted NSD the company that’s on the encoder but they no longer make that part. The replacement too it not only has only 4 wires at cost of several hundreds but a second processor unit would also need to be purchased at hundreds more and installed and programmed. At a time where we’re fighting to keep afloat this would break us just as not being able to utilise the machine is. Have searched all over the internet for replacement part but there is none. Have contacted several of the countries leading encoder suppliers and repairers but they don’t do this type. The encoder is an NSD Corporation Model - HS-04008FAP2. It’s a 24 volt rotary encoder, Load 100mA, serial 12407436. I need a replacement with same 10 wire configuration. The shaft size on it doesn’t matter as we can adapt that to fit but desperately need to get this sorted before we s I like so many other companies at this time.