Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill UART Fail Error

Thread: Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill UART Fail Error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill UART Fail Error

Hello,

I have an Anilam Crusader M 3-axis will and went to use it this afternoon and ran into a problem.

I haven't used the mill in several months but it was working fine when I used it last.

I went to upload a program from the computer to the control and the control just sat there and did nothing. It worked fine last time I used it.

I re-checked everything in the software and made sure all settings matched and still no luck. I checked the cable and it is good. I also reset the memory on the control and re-entered all of the RS-232 settings.

I used a jumper test on pin 2&3 and pin 6&20 and got a UART fail message. I then ran the onboard diagnostics and it gave me a DUART fail.

The funny thing is that it will download from the control to the computer using RS-232 and give me the proper AUX0 code after it does it.

I am not sure what board contains the UART?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help Troubleshooting Anilam UART Fail Error

Hello,

I posted last week about a UART problem I am having with my Anilam Crusader 3 Axis Mill.

It worked fine several weeks ago and then last week it would not upload and gave me a UART Fail when I did a loop back test.

I have since replaced the UART chip which was an NEC 8251 chip (UART Chip) and also replaced the Intel 8254 chip (Programmable Interval Timer). I also checked continuity from the DB25 connector the the card connection and all is good.

I still get the error.

Anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this? Would bad capacitors on the board possible cause this?

Thanks,
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill UART Fail Error

Between 8251 and DB25 should be some more chips. Perhaps MC1488 line driver and MC1489 line receiver. These are for RS232 communication.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.