Problem Emi issues - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emi issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emi issues

Bradnicent

Something like this is what you want to use to protect your Breakout Board, have at least 1" Above the highest part on your Board, 2 ends can be open or filled you could try them open first, then if needed an aluminum mesh will do the job for the 2 ends, make sure you have enough clearance around the Board so there can be no contact with the shield and the Board

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emi issues-emi-shield-2-gif  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this some kind of a faraday cage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericks

From past experience working with microcontrollers in "noisy" environments i found that a lot of noise was coming through the power supply. The equipment causing the noise would "inject" this noise back into the mains.....then other devices eg psu's would pass this noise through to the low voltage. I once build a little plc with isolated i/o. My micro would reset sometimes due to noise, the panel had lots of solenoids and a VFD with very bad wiring...nothing was screened etc. I refused to rewire the machines so i started experimenting with filtering on my plc....after 85 hours of work i managed to make the plc immune to all this noise. The source of noise was mostly through the power supply. Although these machines had a good quality power supply it did not filter out the noise from the mains. I am not saying that your earthing could not contribute to your problem.....maybe send some pics of your setup so we can have a clearer picture of what might be your problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12