Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill will not boot up.

Thread: Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill will not boot up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill will not boot up.

I was hoping to get some help and get my old Anilam Crusader M 3 axis mill up and running again.

It started not booting up on and off and the keypad would freeze and the screen would go blank every few times I would go to use it.

I took all the boards out and cleaned them with deoxit contact cleaner and re-seated them well.

After that it ran fine for an hour and then locked up again and now will not boot up at all.

There is no "click" from the relay when the machine is turned on and on the orange tabbed board there are four red LED's lit up. There is also a red LED lit up on the power supply. I checked across the large blue cap in the cabinet and only got 87 volts DC.

Any idea what the problem could be and what I need to fix it?

Pictures are attached of LEDs and power supply model number.

Jerry at Anilam has retired. So that resource is gone.

Thank You,
    Steve

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill will not boot up.-img_3051-jpg   Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill will not boot up.-img_3050-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam Crusader M 3 Axis Mill will not boot up.

Check your 5V supply. I had this happen to mine and the 5V supply was weak, sometimes down to <3 volts. But what was really strange was if I swung the cover open on the PS, the 5 volt would come back, then close the cover again and it would slowly drift down. Never did figure out exactly what happened, but it acted like gravity was affecting something, a capacitor maybe?

I finally replaced the 5V supply with a standard computer PS and it worked fine until I upgraded the controls.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim.

Thanks for the quick reply. If I use a computer power supply should I also get the +/- 12v and 24v signals off there also? Should the grounds from the old power supply then go to the ground from the computer power supply?

Thanks,
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

You would not be able to get 24V from a computer supply. I left my original PS in place and only disconnected the 5V wires and connected them to the computer PS. Yes, connect the computer supply grounds to the old PS.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

I checked the voltage and am getting a steady 5.174v. The 24v is a little high at 28v. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the + &- 12 volt ok? Normally that should not keep it from booting. I'm rapidly running out of ideas here. Next guess is check the fuses around the power board, mine would occasionally blow. I didn't do that much trouble shooting on mine. I just kept it running until I had another problem with an encoder then replaced the whole system. I was planning an upgrade anyway so I had all of the parts in stock.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim... It was a little high at 14.28v but seems fine. I guess I could have an issue with one of the boards?

Thanks,
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

14.28 seems a bit high, but not terrible. Like I said above, time to check some fuses in the control cabinet. As I recall there are 4 of them. 2 below the power filter and 2 on the relay board.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I got in touch with Jerry who used to work for Anilam and he had me check and re-seat all of the IC's on the boards and the old girl fired right back up.

Thanks for your help Jim. Much appreciated.

-Steve