Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in

Thread: Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in

Hi

I'm trying to work out if there is a fault with my 5 axis chinese BOB, as opposed to anything else as part of a diagnostics. I'm used to the Gecko controllers so this all new to me.

The BOB has two orange lights when the parallel cable is not connected but as soon as connected the one nearest goes out and you can hear the relay trigger. We are wondering if that's why controller instruction is not going both ways. This could be normal and a low/high issue perhaps someone who has worked with these could tell me the usual state these should appear.

To check if the issue lay with the computer I hooked it up to my existing cnc and it worked just fine so I'm thinking the computer, driver, mach3 LPT port out are fine, which just leave the cables, BOB parallel connection etc.

The power to the BOB is coming directly from a 5v supply via the boards usb connection

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in

it depends on which Chinese 5 axis BOB you have

if its this BOB for example :-

Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in-ebay-cnc-bob-2-jpg

the 5V power & relay indicator LED's will be on without printer cable being connected
    normally the relay is energised when printer port p17 is high

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats the BOB, althought mine is blue.Very useful to have that schematic is really helpful for problem solving.
    What I discovered today was that by running any gcode via mach3 the M3 instruction switched the relay/light on automatically. Not apparent until we had run some gcode Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

the circuit diagram of your BOB looks like a variation of the TX14175 I tested for some one

the TX14175 has a 5V regulator and a 5V to 5V DC/DC converter so it does not require a 5V supply from a USB port
    Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in-tx14175-circuit-jpg

having the BOB's circuit enabled me to emulate a PC printer port for my initial tests so I didn't risque damaging the PC's printer port
    Chinese BOB single orange light issue when parallel plugged in-may03-siliconchip-magazine-printer-port-sim-jpg

John