Need Help! Mach3 relay blows

Thread: Mach3 relay blows

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Mach3 relay blows

Hi I was using a Cut 60H plasma machine (60A) and all was working fine. I now went to a 100A Jasic plasma cutter and now it keeps blowing my relay that is switching is on and off. Is there a better relay I can use to to the same and works from the int pin from my mach3 BoB?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 relay blows

At a guess a 100 amp plasma cutter is going to need at least 30 amps to power it which far too much for a relay to control even more so if it an inductive load. You need to be using a suitably sized contactor which in turn is powered by the relay.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, I am new to this. Can you maybe send me a photo and a diagram of this contactor you are talking about . As I have no idea what you are talking about. And the people near me is not very clued up

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know what sort of electrical factors you have near you so it is hard to advise you, if you check out rs-online and type into the search box for part number 454-7840 it will give you some kind of idea of what you need. You will have to select the coil voltage to suit what is available. I am assuming the plasma power supply to be three phase