Need Help! ESS, C25 and homing/limit switches - Mach3 does not detect change of switch state

Thread: ESS, C25 and homing/limit switches - Mach3 does not detect change of switch state

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ESS, C25 and homing/limit switches - Mach3 does not detect change of switch state

Hi!

We are slowly rebuilding our CNC (DSP to ESS and C25), and are at the point where we are trying to setup homing/limits switches.

Our machine came with 3 inductive switches, each placed at our chosen zero point. The switches are normally high, and when they detect metal they ground the output to zero volts.

The issue I'm having, is that Mach3 does not register the sudden switch of voltage, and continues beyond the switch. I've tested the switches, and they do switch as they should. The output of the three switches are connected to as following on my C25S and in Mach3:
    X = Port 1, pin 11
    Y = Port 1, pin 12
    Y = Port 1, pin 13.

When the switches are triggered, a red LED stops lighting next to the pin on the C25S, but the Mach3 "Settings" window does not register that M1, M2 or M3 is switched.

I've also checked the voltage. The voltage into the switches are exactly 5V, when measured on the C25S the signal outputs 1.7V when not switched, and 0V when switched. When I disconnect the cable from the C25S, and measure the cable directly without it going into the C25S, I get 3.7V. This led me to believe that Mach3 never registered the switch as high when open, and always as low regardless of switch state.

I'm hoping that this is a software issue, and not a voltage issue. Do you have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.