Info needed for these servos - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info needed for these servos

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Splint View Post

If you end up following the path I did then these are the details for the parts:
    E2-1024-375-HG Complete encoder with 1024 Counts per revolution, fits a 3/8" shaft
    CTOOL-375 Centering tool which fits over the motor shaft and centers the encoder while you tighten the mounting screws.
    CA-434-1FT Wiring loom with connector which fits the E2 encoder. The loom has only one connector, check on this as they have a range of looms and there may be something more appropriate to your setup.
    HEDS-9100-J00 Replacement module, allways a handy thing to have.
    I think you'll find US Digital are the cheapest replacement module suitable for CNC application, there are some cheaper but shaft sizes are very limited and the encoders are known to have significant error in the signal.
    Here's a pic to give you a better idea.

Splint

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Info needed for these servos-dscn3826-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I bench tested the servo/encoder today. It all worked perfectly. I had the encoder outputs on the oscilloscope. Stable and noise free.

Judging from the remains of the brushes(about 1/2 worn), this motor has had a lot of use. The commutator has visible scratches. I have a lathe, so I could skim the commutator. I doubt that I will use up all it's remaining life.

How difficult is it to rebuild one of these?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    It's the fist time I visit our CNCzone.com-The Ultimate Machinist Community.
    I'm looking for information of the servo-motor : Model Number E543 ( the pic of in the top of this page). Here have some information of model ES0543-02-012, but I don't know have any difference between the ES543 and E543 ?
    thank for ward.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mecatronic2008
    help me!
    The information on the motor is as follows:
    Model Number E543
    Serial Number G067104
    Date Code 0893
    Part Number 543-011-0740
    Customer Part Number 40271-126-04
    Any help is appreciate, thanks!
    Best regards
    Orlando

Downloads
    Uploads

If it is an OEM part, the spec in post #17 is probably the closest you are going to get.
    You can confirm most of them by test.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For the motor in post #17 (I have one too), what would be the recommended drive voltage? I was thinking 24V. That should be an easy power supply to find.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazz100 View Post
    For the motor in post #17 (I have one too), what would be the recommended drive voltage? I was thinking 24V. That should be an easy power supply to find.
    You could in theory use a 24 volt ps but you would not get the rated performance (torque or rpm). With a max terminal voltage of 45v you would be better off with more volts. 48v may be a convenient alternative but realistically somewhere between say, 50 and 60 volts would be preferable as a supply a bit higher than the motor voltage rating is the norm. I ended up using the internals from a small mig welder which I sourced from a guy who runs a welder repair service, which is overkill but for the cost and convenience it was a no brainer. I used some heavy duty cable to add in some more turns on the secondary winding to bump up the volts and it works a treat. Keep in mind that it is not only volts you need to allow for but amps as well. Work out your peak amperage draw and multiply that by the number of motors you're running, you may never have the need to pull max amps on all motors simultaniously so you could settle for less on that. Hope this helps.

Splint

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Thanks, that is helpful. I am planning a CNC retrofit to my lathe so I will only have two motors. Looks like I will need something like a 600W to 1000W PSU, and I don't have any MIG welder parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12