Buffers for PPort! Info!

Thread: Buffers for PPort! Info!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buffers for PPort! Info!

I am thinking about buffering for PPorts . I have read about 7404, 7414, and UCN series chips. I am curious why someone would want to invert their signals? Other questions.

1. Are there bidirectional buffers? Or does the direction im buffering make my pins less versatile?
    2. Is speed a concern with these buffers? 8th-stepping signals are close together at high feed rates?
    3. Pull up\down resistors?

I am designing a mainboard, and so far think i will put the pull up options on jumpers and make all my connections generic. I want my device to be more generic than the Axxuss one.. but along the same lines, with some more provisions.. like an onboard 14pin MCU area and prototype area... I mean.. im gonna pay the $60 to get 3 PCBS made... any info would be nice.. Other fatures may be optoisolation and MCU driven configuration via PC. I will make my designs public soon. I have several simple unipolr drives, molduar board layouts, etc. and a 10-page "how to" to build a linear guide... Simple stuff, but well laid out as it was for an Industrial Design class project.

Thanks for info!