Ground Point - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ground Point

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ground Point

Installed many systems earth grounding the DC supplies common and have not had a problem, I set up a 1/4" tapped copper ground plate and take every earthed common to it.
    Together with equi-potential bonding.

Per the PDF: The concept of Earth consists of one homogeneous mass that is electrically neutral, i.e.
    an equal number of negative and positive charges are distributed throughout the earth at any given time.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Together with equi-potential bonding.
    And how many Hobby user's can achieve this here on the Zone, you are talking a foreign language to a Hobby user, which only ends up with more problems, when they try and achieve a system that has an equi-patential bonded Ground system, what you did in the industry does not equal Hobby user, this is for dreamers only, you have been here long enough to know that

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

There is nothing complicated actually. Only the problem is the way of explanation. It depends on the level of understanding and education background. Up to now the best description of "grounding" and protective earth belongs to Siemens in my opinion. I recommend to learn. Covers almost all aspects of earthing, Very detailed.
    Contains no expressions like "returning to source" or so.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    There is nothing complicated actually. Only the problem is the way of explanation. It depends on the level of understanding and education background. Up to now the best description of "grounding" and protective earth belongs to Siemens in my opinion. I recommend to learn. Covers almost all aspects of earthing, Very detailed.
    If you are talking about Ac Power Earth Ground circuits then that would be correct, you are not going to find source being used in an Ac circuit, understand what is being discussed would help you understand why the word source is used

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Agree!
    Good comment!

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12