Servo Wiring Help

Thread: Servo Wiring Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Servo Wiring Help

I recently bought 3 servo motors off of e-bay. I need help with the wiring. Motor specs are as follows: Make is Japan Servo Co. LTD, 24V DC, Type is DS64BE40-2, Part # is I27P2280REV.F, The wires coming out of the motor are Black(dull wire color), Black(shiny wire color), Yellow, Green, White and Red. The wires terminate in the conector in this order from left to right. It then has two terminals coming off of the encoder. Aby info would be greatly appreciated

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't find that motor on the japan servo website. What are your plans to connect it to? Have you selected a driver? If you are wanting to use a Gecko drive then you better hope that your servo is a "DC Brush" type servo. The motor needs only two connections + and -. The encoder will need to have 4 connections and be compatable with the drive. The connections are +5vdc, -, A, and B.

Japan servo makes
    "Brushless" servos
    DC motors.
    Stepper motors
    Fans.

Are you sure you have a servo motor and not a stepper motor?

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am sure that hey are servo motors. How do I tell if they are brush or brushless. Why can I only use a dc brush servo? I do plan on using the Gecko drives. I plan on connecting the motors to a router that I have dsigned. The wires that I described com out of the side of the motor. And two more conections on the side of the encoder.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Matt, I also have 3 identical DS64BE40-2 brush type 24 vdc servo motors manufactured by the Japan Servo Ltd. company. I hope to be using them with a Galil 3 axis controller. I have tried several ways to wire this encoder to the amp supply with no results. If by chance you find a wiring diagram for the encoder that works please pass the info to me and I will do the same for you. The little bit of info I have so far is that the dull black wire is the com gnd for the cable shield. The encoder board has 5 wires. Noted on the encoder board per the following: Yellow (6) Blk (7)----these two are close togeather and separate on the board from Red (11) Green (12) and White (13). I have not a clue what the number markings on the wire colors may be. Also the Encoder board has the number PP06335. Good Luck!