Thoughts on using MFG.com as a supplier.

Thread: Thoughts on using MFG.com as a supplier.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thoughts on using MFG.com as a supplier.

Does anyone have any recent experience using MFG.com as a supplier? Our injection mold tooling jobs have been pretty slow lately. Seems like everyone is asking for quotes but then just sitting on them, digesting the info. We were thinking of setting up with MFG to try and get our name out there to buyers and possibly pick up some filler work, knowing all too well the injection side will break loose eventually and we'll be up to our necks in molds. But in the mean time, a few new customers never hurts.

It seems like we have tried reaching out to just about every shop and industry in our immediate area for sub work or primary supply jobs. We do have a large powersport supplier that uses us from time to time but there jobs don't come in very frequently.

I don't like the thought of dropping $5000 for MFG's membership just for the opportunity to quote a job but like the old saying goes; sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

Any feedback would be grateful.

Thanks.

Ed
    RCS Machine and Tool

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thoughts on using MFG.com as a supplier.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I too would be interested to hear some feedback on this. I have spoke to MFG.COM on the phone but did not have the time that day to go thru their whole set up. Seemed a little odd to me that they would not give me a cost on their service without a 30 min set up question session. $5K seems steep to me!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have used them once, but as a customer. I had some SS parts laser cut. From that perspective, it worked great. I did not know they had up front costs for suppliers like that. I assumed they just took a cut.
    I will need more laser work done soon. I may just contact the same supplier and see what kind of quote he can give me this time. Then they will not owe MFG anything.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never got anything out of using them. Boss basically wasted his money. Made many quotes using very very low rates and still nothing. We would have lost money on those jobs in reality if we would have gotten them. I almost bid on one for pennies per part just to see if we would get the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Now I have used them twice with two different suppliers and was very pleased both times.
    My budget and timeline were met.
    I don't know that I would offer services though, but if in the market to get something made, it's a very good source.

Lee