My staff lost me $5000 today

Thread: My staff lost me $5000 today

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy My staff lost me $5000 today

The thing is, at the beginning of the month when the new hired a technician,
    Today, parts of 1000 titanium materials are made more expensive because of the material,
    My employees cut 1mm off the outer circle, which cost me 5000 of the material......

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My staff lost me $5000 today

This issue is mostly your fault, as you failed to have the proper business process in place. Proper shop practice should include a First Article Inspection (FAI) after production of the initial sample to verify that the program and machine are producing parts per print. Only upon verification of the FAI sample do you release your technician to produce the remaining 999 pcs. This would have saved you $4995. Work on your business processes and you'll see the rewards in your balance sheet. ISO 9001 would be a good place to start for a quality management system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree..........It's your fault...............No Quality procedure in place........Blame your self

Downloads
    Uploads

In my case, I am the employee.

I'm quite surprised at the responsibility my boss gives me. A lot of the time he basically lets me "get on with stuff", but will periodically come and check up on me and tell me how to do things better, etc. I know he's also always watching me while he's doing other things.

My first job required measuring, and maths, to reproduce two identical parts on a piece of machinery, and relocate the threaded mounting holes on the machine. The parts were big blocks of steel that needed milling to shape and drilling.

If I'd have stuffed up on just one dimension or calculation, the whole job could have been ruined. Anyway I got everything 100% correct and the parts went together great. But I was surprised the boss was not confirming my measurements and calculations at each stage of the job, especially seeing as I am a beginner in this job.

Downloads
    Uploads

My boss is a micromanaging jerk who conveniently ignores his own mismanagement of priorities and the costs of a whole team jumping from one project to the next maybe 3 times a day instead of being able to finish one and move on. I also see mistakes being made by minions, amplified into catastrophes by mismanagement.

You know what? Those mistakes are either one-off costs of business and learning about a job, ie build them into your QA system and learn on a corporate level so they don't cost you again: a cost of business and taking on the job. Or they're ongoing repetitive stuff-ups in which case it's 100% your fault as the boss for not having systems in place to learn and adapt from issues. Or it's one employee who's consistently cocking things up more than the rest, in which case get rid of the dead weight.

But that last one is actually pretty rare. So suck it up princess, likely it's either a cost of business which you've failed to allow for generally or it's a fault in your own processes which allow a fault to continue.