Gecko 540 Pin 5 output - UC100

Thread: Gecko 540 Pin 5 output - UC100

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Gecko 540 Pin 5 output - UC100

Hi folks.. new here and not so familiar with electronics so be gentle. :-)

I have a CNC using UCCNC, UC100 motion controller, Gecko540 stepper driver. As I understand it, gecko 540 pin 5 output (driven by signal from pin 17 on uc100) is a 5vdc output.

I have an iVac powered blast gate I would like to open and close using mister functions within uccnc (m7 and m9) - M7 turns on and opens blast gate, M9 turns off and closes it. The blast gate gets it's power from it's own power source so no voltages involved. The blast gate has a headphone style plug on it with 2 leads. When the gate is powered up, the two leads when tied together open gate, when they are separated the gate closes. So basically a NO switch.

I would like to use Pin 5 of the gecko540 to drive this function. In my head it seems simple but just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious that will toast my gecko540 driver.

I was thinking 1 lead from blast gate headphone style plug to ground of cnc machine
    Other lead from blast gate plug to pin 30 on a relay
    pin 85 on relay to pin 5 of the gecko540
    pins 86 and 87 of the relay to ground

Will this even work?

Excuse the crude drawing.
    Red is 5vdc from gecko540
    black is ground
    green is ground signal from activated relay to 2nd lead on iVac

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gecko 540 Pin 5 output - UC100-gecko540-blast-gate-relay-wiring-jpg