Need Help! g320x implementation of error output, abnormal voltages?

Thread: g320x implementation of error output, abnormal voltages?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default g320x implementation of error output, abnormal voltages?

Hi all,

I am trying to get two g320x drives to pull an input low when either drive faults. I can enable the drives successfully with a momentary switch connecting the err/res pins to +5v, but I can't then connect the pins to an input on my BoB without faulting the drives.

After enabling the drives with momentary +5V, I measure 4.6V from the err/reset pins to common ground on the C25 board. When the drives are in a fault mode, I measure .25V between the err/res pins and common ground.

Some basic facts about my system:

- I'm using an ESS smooth stepper, a C25 BoB from cnc4pc, and AMT102 v encoders.

- DC 0V terminals on all supplies are connected in star circuit, including the supply for the two gecko drives.

- I have double checked that the output of all power supplies is nominal.

- Motor drives have been tuned with a scope

Is there something I am missing? I have not found any example wiring diagrams the suggest this needs to be any more complicated than connecting the err/res pins to an input and to +5v separated by a momentary switch. Is it an issue for the logic 5v supply and the motor drive 24v supply to share a common ground? I could add another din rail 5v supply if isolation from the logic is needed.

thanks in advance!