G320 starts immediately on power-up

Thread: G320 starts immediately on power-up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G320 starts immediately on power-up

I have one G320 that immediately starts running as soon as the dc voltage is applied... it doesn't wait for the reset. Does this mean that G320 is toasted?

I'm just re-starting after a complete controls retrofit. It was all 100% functional before I tore it apart. Now I'm getting the axiis moving again. X and Y just fine. Z ran away. No damage... and now i have the motor disconnected from the machine. It's over 10 years old, but it's weird that it would die between uses rather than in the middle of a run.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G320 starts immediately on power-up

... well... I think I've narrowed it down to a connection to the circuit board around the terminals.

The motor started up and ran for 30 seconds or so and then the drive faulted. I reset it... and the motor was just holding position. Jogged it around, no problems. tugged on some wires and it took off again. Eventually got to where I could just lightly poke the terminals and make it either run away or fault. I like the colors of the G320X better anyhow.