Hi,

I have some difficulties with the inputs on the Geckodrive G540 (pin number 1-4). The inputs on G540 is connected to three working NC switches which are connected between input 1-3 and the power supply common ground (-)(the same exact connector as the G540 is connected to). When everything is connected like this the inputs works perfectly fine and it is possible to see that the inputs are activated/deactivated when i manually press the switches. So far so good.
But I want to use the 4th pin (or any input, it doesn't matter) for my NO probe and I have it connected in the same way as the NC switches, one pin to common ground and one pin to input 4. And here is where the issue occurs. Inputs 1-3 is still working as expected but when i activate the probe the state changes in my diagnostics tab of my CNC controller but wont go back in deactivate mode when i deactivate the probe, it simply gets stuck in the active state. If i then press a limit switch (input 1 for example) input becomes active and the probe pin jumps back to deactivate state.

I have checked each connection with the probe function on a multi-meter and everything seems to be just fine. I have also disconnected the probe and try to activate input 4 with a direct cable to common ground which gives the same issue. And i have also tested all inputs one-at-the time and all works so the inputs can't be "blown" i guess. And i have also tested disconnecting a limitswitch and the use the probe and then the probe works as expected. So it seems to me that my G540 just dont want to handle 4 inputs at the same time. And this is driving me nuts.

Have anyone any suggestions about what i can do, please tell me!