g540 and Galt g200 vfd

Thread: g540 and Galt g200 vfd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default g540 and Galt g200 vfd

Hi , I have a Triac mill that I'm setting up a G540 and a Galt G200 VFD need some help to get both of them to talk to each other also using Mach III for a software

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: g540 and Galt g200 vfd

Just a little info to offer another option. Your VFD has a MODBUS interface. It may be simpler to just get a USB to RS485 converter (less than $10 on ebay or amazon) and connect it to your VFD. You'll also have more control and options. Do a little searching on the web and this forum for "MODBUS Mach3 VFD" and you should be able to find a number of videos and posts that explain the plugin/brain file for mach3 and how to set it up. There is a lot of info on doing this with a Hitachi WJ200 VFD which also has a standard MODBUS interface, and MODBUS connections are only 2 wires and simple. Setup of all the mach3 setting will be the same, This will give you spindle on, off, rpm, spindle direction etc, control and readout via mach3 and gcode/mcode. You can also do other things but those are the most useful for a router, mill or lathe. Don't use the Haunyang VFD plugins you may come across, those VFD's do not have a true/standard MODBUS interface so the plugins are different.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the info I'll be doing some research on how to set-up into mach

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have look at several thread and video . All these are great but my electrical is very limited. I have the #8,9,10 hook-up to the vfd so I can controlled the 0 to 10 volt. I'm just wondering which connecting to the drivre I should use to turn it on from the G540 output?