Anyone kill a G203V yet? - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Anyone kill a G203V yet?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ron,

We do not view this as any sort of extortion. Gday seems like a guy who is honest and who has purchased our products before. He says he did not cause the foreign object damage and I am inclined to believe him; he admitted to potentially damaging two of the drives, so what doe she have to gain by lying about how it was done?

It sounds like he was caught with these drives because of potential dishonesty on a third party's end.

Marcus Freimanis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post
    Frankly, I think gday01 and CastCNC should be ashamed of their conduct, unethically using this forum to rip off a generous supplier.

You might have got your drives, but you don't get any respect.

CastCNC, I hope that behaviour like this doesn't come back to bite you in your own business.
    Ron,
    With all due respect. There may be underliying matters here you have no knowledge of. This subject is closed and Gecko has proven it has great customer service! If you deal with Cast CNC you will feel the same.
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I personally have read about the problems of the drives on my forum that Gary has had. And those who do not know him here, I can attest to his honesty from my dealings with him in my own forum.

I believe Marcus has made a great decision (as we all know Gecko's great customer service).

I have G201's, G203v's and a g540 and only have had one G201 go bad on me due to a wire coming lose from a motor connection during operations. IMO there is no other drives which can come close to a Gecko. And on my forum Gecko drives are recommended hands down above all the rest.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default thanks

thank you marcus,
    when i do upgrade from G251's to G203's, i will buy direct.

ron,

that was uncalled for, IMHO
    dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Good on you Marcus. Gday has purchased enough electrical components to power 3-4 machines from various vendors. Your retailers should be so lucky to have this good a paying and repeat customer. He is an honest guy that is genuine and his word is worth its weight in gecko controllers! His opinion of products has really shaped many of our new builds, as has Castcnc and Joe. We appreciate you being as good a manufacturer as they have told us you are.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone kill a G203V yet?

i may have possibly killed a revision 7 drive. Just added it as a 4th axis to my machine thats been running for several years. Machine was working fine, used it off and on for a couple days after adding the 4th drive, and then poof, the internal fuse is dead. its possible that maybe 1 or 2 of the chips (mosfets maybe?) didn't get adequate seating and compound to the bottom plate, that is my only guess after looking over everything. So ill probably need a new fuse, but not sure why it blew unless it will blow if those chips are overheating. Ill call Mariss in the morning and see what he thinks.

Brian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone kill a G203V yet?

Yes, I did end up killing one. I an awaiting my advanced replacement and then see what they find out happened to the other drive.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A Standard That Others Should Try To Match

Well, im not quite sure what the deal was with my drive, Im still baffled actually, as i replaced the fuse multiple times even with only the power supply hooked up (correct polarity) and it kept blowing them and would not power up. I got my advanced replacement, while mine was being sent in and looked at, and installed it the same way i had the other drive and it worked fine. To make it even more interesting, the guys at gecko drive said they got it, replaced the fuse and it worked fine???? They did however at least replace the hard anodized plate on the bottom, because it did not have the same bolt markings from me me installing it, it was a new one, but the cover was definitely the same one, as it had a scuff on it i recognized. Anyone else have a similar issue? Did you ever figure out what the deal was?

Brian

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an older Shopbot that runs these and the other day I turned it on for the first time in a month or so just to move the axis around, and one axis was very noisy and had no holding torque. So to chase down the problem I switched the axis cables and it followed the drive. So then I swapped the suspected drive to another channel and yet again it followed the drive. The strange thing is then...one of the other drives started doing the same thing. I did the same tests and got the same results. I put my one remaining good drive in each channel and all channels seem to have no issues. What are the odds of two drives going at the same time just from sitting for a little bit. Very strange. Any ideas?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678