Need Help! G540 VFD hook up help

Thread: G540 VFD hook up help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G540 VFD hook up help

I'm in the process of hooking up my g540 for my cnc conversion on my g0752 lathe. I have mach 3 running and controlling the movement side of everything. I'm needing to hook the board up to the VFD on the grizzly and I'm pretty sure that I know what terminals I hook it up to but would just like some conformation if i can get it.
    From the way I'm looking at the diagram it looks like i hook pin 9 on the G540 to the 10v blue wire. Pin 8 to the brown wire labeled AVI, and Pin 7 to the Black AMC wire on the VFD.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G540  VFD hook up help-vfd-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G540 VFD hook up help

Hi I'm in the same boat with a G0752. VFD on the G0752 is a Delta VFD007E11A. If you need the cable to connect the programming display to the VFD they're on ebay for around $20 from China, or $50 from an electronics website (if they still carry them).
    I don't have any parts ordered yet for the conversion, but I expect to use a pre-built Gecko G540 box from https://www.youtube.com/user/corvetteguy50 and his ebay store.

Would prefer not to have to buy a whole new VFD, but I suspect it will be possible to control the spindle via the VFD, so I would like to hear how your project went.
    I don't know how to tell if the Ethernet port on the back can be used to control the motor, sadly. The documentation can be found here though: https://www.damencnc.com/products/cn...w_58_2256_GB_1