MACHINE HOMING HELP??

Thread: MACHINE HOMING HELP??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MACHINE HOMING HELP??

I have a laser from G Weike (1300x900 80W) with a RuiDa controller. Whenever I power the machine on the laser head moves until it hits the back/side of the machine and doesn’t stop until I stop it myself. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MACHINE HOMING HELP??

Hello.

Two possible things.

1. First check for any sensors. There should be two limit switches to avoid tool crash. They might be mispositioned or failed.

2. Check your scale settings. It is possible that when you ask to move say 1cm due the wrong scaling it actually moves 10cms.

In any case I suspect there is an issue with the limit switches as they should stop the movement whenever one is hit.

Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BBMNet View Post
    Hello.

Two possible things.

1. First check for any sensors. There should be two limit switches to avoid tool crash. They might be mispositioned or failed.

2. Check your scale settings. It is possible that when you ask to move say 1cm due the wrong scaling it actually moves 10cms.

In any case I suspect there is an issue with the limit switches as they should stop the movement whenever one is hit.

Regards.
    Thank you for your reply!
    I did check the limit switches and as far as I can tell they are working (they set off the light in diagnostic when touched) maybe mispositioned?

I did a square test cut and adjusted the parameters to that. I’m not sure if that is the same thing? I’m sorry I’m pretty clueless with this as this is my first laser!
    Thanks

Hello,

If you need any help or advise regarding your Co2 laser machines we would be more than happy to help. We offer Co2 lasers machine and parts sales as well as offering maintenance agreements, tech support, parts installation with warranty, maintenance agreements and much more to ensure your machines get back up and running as soon as possible.

Please do visit our website at Laser Cutter | Laser Engraver | Laser Machine Parts & Accessories | CO2 Laser Machines | CO2 Laser Repairs | CO2 Laser Engineer or email info@focusedlasersystems.com for more information.

Kind regards,

Jake Osman
    Focused Laser Systems Ltd

Jake Osman | +44 7455241611 | Focused Laser Systems Ltd | www.focusedlasersystems.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.

Yes, it is possible that they are inverted.

You can try by acting them manually but be very careful doing that. Just to be on the safe side try using a ruler or something so that you stay as far from the machine as possible.

While I wouldn´t expect anything than stopping the axis at issue always remember that it is said that accidents do not happen, they are made. I´ve seen so many over 47 years and most of them happened due to overconfidence or by not fully understanding some procedure. Those that appear to be the simplest get to carry the higher risks. This is not your case I think but better safe than sorry.

A side note: in many machines, mine included, when the HOME limit switches are hit the axes revert their direction and fast move what I call a takeoff distance. That movement can take any newer operator by surprise so their are told in advance and a notice is sticked at the machine. The carriage of my machines weight a minimum of 600 Kgms. Even though the takeoff distance is only about 1 or 2 cms. that mass of metal can really harm you.

By the way, is it your actual controller where you see the status of the switches or just in the sensors leds?

Keep me posted,

Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BBMNet View Post
    Hello.

Yes, it is possible that they are inverted.

You can try by acting them manually but be very careful doing that. Just to be on the safe side try using a ruler or something so that you stay as far from the machine as possible.

While I wouldn´t expect anything than stopping the axis at issue always remember that it is said that accidents do not happen, they are made. I´ve seen so many over 47 years and most of them happened due to overconfidence or by not fully understanding some procedure. Those that appear to be the simplest get to carry the higher risks. This is not your case I think but better safe than sorry.

A side note: in many machines, mine included, when the HOME limit switches are hit the axes revert their direction and fast move what I call a takeoff distance. That movement can take any newer operator by surprise so their are told in advance and a notice is sticked at the machine. The carriage of my machines weight a minimum of 600 Kgms. Even though the takeoff distance is only about 1 or 2 cms. that mass of metal can really harm you.

By the way, is it your actual controller where you see the status of the switches or just in the sensors leds?

Keep me posted,

Regards.
    It was on the actual controller where I saw it!
    I adjusted the parameters according to the manufacturer suggestion and now when I move the laser head with the controller it is not longer hitting anything, unless I try to press the home button on the program and the it goes to the back corner and hits it until I stop it again