How to limit current on Gweike LC 1390N when firing

Thread: How to limit current on Gweike LC 1390N when firing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to limit current on Gweike LC 1390N when firing

Hi. Our makerspace has a new 1390N 130 watt cutter. We need to keep the mA draw at 30 mA or less to prevent damage to the tube. Problem is, we have a lot of uneducated members that even if you tell them "how", they don't always follow the rules, so we're trying to hard set the machine to protect it from improper use (as much as possible).

It seems as though with RDWorks, it can limit itself based in internal settings of the configuration, but Light Burn software has to be at 60% or less to keep from going over 30mA.

We've discovered a potential solution here: https://www.instructables.com/id/How...ade-CO2-Laser/

I'm wondering if there are any other 1390N or 1390 (or GWeike in general) that have attempted anything similar, or have any other suggestions for me.

Kind regards,
    Jeff

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to limit current on Gweike LC 1390N when firing

More info. The Laser Power Supply is a MYJG-150W and can apprently be regulated by a PWM signal, so I assume the controller is doing that when it fires and you set the "power setting" of your cut/engrave. But does the software use the controller to do that, or can Lightburn control it directly?

https://www.amazon.com/WaveTopSign-M.../dp/B07L5CVYYD

Downloads
    Uploads

One more follow up question. I think the answer I'm looking for is to limit the max power on the RuiDa RDC6442S-B controller, but is it possible to put a solid limit on that max power? I have the password to the set parameters, but It seems as though people can still change it after it's set. True?

Another alternative my googling has found is this: https://www.cloudraylaser.com/collec...myjg-100w-150w .

That product seems to have a knob to limit the current, though I don't know if that sets the cap, or sets all power to be that fixed current rating. Has anyone used? I may post a separate inquiry on that product after I ask the vendor.

Downloads
    Uploads

repeat deleted.

Last edited by jeffjohnvol; 06-29-2020 at 04:45 PM. Reason: removed duplicate