Brand new G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt C02 Laser will not power on.

Thread: Brand new G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt C02 Laser will not power on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Brand new G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt C02 Laser will not power on.

I just bought a G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt laser configured to run on 220 volts. Everything arrived in good condition. After getting everything set up and ready. I started up the machine. Everything looked normal. Lights came on, the head moved and all looked well. I pushed the green button for the blower and 3 seconds later, the machine went dead. I can only assume that I had the chiller, air assist and exhaust fan in the wrong plugs on the back. When I pressed the green button I could hear the exhaust fan start to wind up and that is when everything stopped. So I need to find out what failed and I need to find out the correct plugs in which to plug in the accessories.(They are not labeled). Can anyone help please?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Brand new G. Weike LC1390N 150 watt C02 Laser will not power on.

JayR
    I am in a similar situation.
    I would suggest to plug all the externals into a separate power supply strip by themselves.
    I just got a LC1390N 80 watt and have no power at all, water chiller, and laser look great-
    but the second I turn it on- the switch in the back ( the gcfi or circuit within the machine) immediately shuts it down.
    So interested what you come up with. My power supply is fine- so unsure what is going on.
    s

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sonjapete View Post
    JayR
    I am in a similar situation.
    I would suggest to plug all the externals into a separate power supply strip by themselves.
    I just got a LC1390N 80 watt and have no power at all, water chiller, and laser look great-
    but the second I turn it on- the switch in the back ( the gcfi or circuit within the machine) immediately shuts it down.
    So interested what you come up with. My power supply is fine- so unsure what is going on.
    s
    already fixed ,
    check the fuse , the exhaust fan not connect machine directly ,find seperate plug

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    What answer do you get from their tech person? don't plug the water chiller on the back of laser machine.
    Do they have a video tech you how to set up the laser? just like this.
    How to setup your nova laser cutter - Thunder Laser
    Hello Nolan, yes there were videos to follow. nothing is plugged into the back they are on separate powerstrip and power.
    My problem is that the gcfi flips the whole machine off right when first plugging in.
    My problem is not a fuse-
    I am worried there is an electrical short somewhere causing this - I looked through all the wiring and they look well connected - maybe something is connected incorrectly?
    My machine has yet to power on- since unpacking.
    All is installed- externals on separate powerstrip and power. the ground is installed.
    I have no idea what to do next with this new machine.
    open to ideas?

thanks
    Sonja

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Lucy-
    I have emailed your company numerous times and sent my questions directly on your website and had no reply. I just purchased my machine and it has not powered up yet-
    I would like some technical support.
    It is not a fuse and there are no externals plugged into the machine- they are all on another power source,
    the GCFI switch in the back immediately shuts down the machine when plugged in- yet the power strip it is on stays on.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am having a similar problem. I have a 100 watt lc1390n and it just trips my gfci when I try to turn it on. It’s grounded to the earth outside also.