gweike laser allignament problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gweike laser allignament problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default gweike laser allignament problem

after a few months after i've posted here about my gweike problem, i'm comming back to show a video of my stress:

any help will be apreciated...
    i've replaced the tube a few days back, and still my dots don't overide

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: gweike laser allignament problem

It looks like the one corner of your table is higher or lower than the rest. I would adjust the mirror to hit the low corner and shim the 3rd one to match the 4thone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    It looks like the one corner of your table is higher or lower than the rest. I would adjust the mirror to hit the low corner and shim the 3rd one to match the 4thone
    up and down left, and up right are in the same place, on the 4th, lower right, the beam is lower, in this video...
    i can allign the beam this way, or, same spot in left up, right up-down, but it will be higher on the left down...
    sugestions are welcomed

Downloads
    Uploads

Go to rabbit laser USA and read the tutorial on aligning the laser mirrors, follow his method step by step and I think you'll be ok

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

About 10 minutes in the alignment starts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Go to rabbit laser USA and read the tutorial on aligning the laser mirrors, follow his method step by step and I think you'll be ok
    I followed them... And gweike tutorial...
    I can't find a video with something close to my problem...
    In the last 6 months, i lost over 200 hours trying to fix that

Downloads
    Uploads

Leave the left mirror where it is and shim the up right corner Half the distance that is off and adjust the left mirror to hit the center. I had to do this on my laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If it truly isn't an alignment problem then perhaps fixtureman above has your solution. Try say starting with the left hand "y" rail and adjust it dead n-ts level and the do the same for the other 3 rails. You won't get anywhere if the rails are not all in the same plane.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my bubble say it's on the same plane, but i think it's a small diference... how can i check the rails?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the rails are on the same plane then it's mirrors.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just looked again at the video and it doesn't look like it is hitting the center of your final mirror. Remember that it is only off by half of what is showing if it needs to be shimmed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, the beam is hitting above the center of the last mirror... that is the closest point i can get for the allignament... if i lower the dot, to the center, then, the distance of the dots from up left to the low right is muuuch bigger... i can do a video about that, too...
    after a few hours of measurments, i can say my rails are on the same plane, and none of them is lower or higher in any part of the table... so far, so good

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sanyyos View Post
    yes, the beam is hitting above the center of the last mirror... that is the closest point i can get for the allignament... if i lower the dot, to the center, then, the distance of the dots from up left to the low right is muuuch bigger... i can do a video about that, too...
    after a few hours of measurments, i can say my rails are on the same plane, and none of them is lower or higher in any part of the table... so far, so good

That in itself tells me that your right side is low. If you shim it up you should be able to hit closer to the center.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    That in itself tells me that your right side is low. If you shim it up you should be able to hit closer to the center.
    pls tell me what "shim it up" really means... my english is not verry good

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll try to find time today to show where we are talking about shimming. I need to take my machine apart and make pictures of installing my latest z table conversion kit anyway for ebay so that's the same area. I'm still doing family business today so I'm not sure I'll get to it but I'll try. Something in the front right corner (I hope I've got the correct corner) holds the rail to the case. What fixtureman is saying is change that mounting to get the rail a little (washer under the rail, slot the screw hole if it's attached on the side, etc. The rail has to go"up" slightly where the beam hits "low".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by buddydog View Post
    I'll try to find time today to show where we are talking about shimming. I need to take my machine apart and make pictures of installing my latest z table conversion kit anyway for ebay so that's the same area. I'm still doing family business today so I'm not sure I'll get to it but I'll try. Something in the front right corner (I hope I've got the correct corner) holds the rail to the case. What fixtureman is saying is change that mounting to get the rail a little (washer under the rail, slot the screw hole if it's attached on the side, etc. The rail has to go"up" slightly where the beam hits "low".
    the beam is going down from left up to right down...... it's up at the following corners: left up and down, as you look at the machine, and at right up corner... then, as you go to the right down, next to the control pannel, the place farrest from the tube exit, the beam is going down...
    i never read anything about how can the rails be fixed and never seen a video about it...
    and i have no one to call to help me in the process, so it will be anything but not fun

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you check the alignment of the laser housing itself (just a thought). For me it looks like the corner where the controls are is higher then the rest and you can't adjust it with the normal alignment process. This will force the laser dot to be lower on this site as on other positions. If you got the laser new that can be a result of improper handling during the shipping. If the laser was dropped on the corner of the controls it might be minor without visible damage but can be the case that the mounting locations of the rails are slightly off and not straight at all. You wrote you checked it with a bubble level but this might be not sufficient and accurate enough. If you have the chance to check it with a digital level might show you a slide difference. This is just another point to consider and to check.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xomox View Post
    Did you check the alignment of the laser housing itself (just a thought). For me it looks like the corner where the controls are is higher then the rest and you can't adjust it with the normal alignment process. This will force the laser dot to be lower on this site as on other positions. If you got the laser new that can be a result of improper handling during the shipping. If the laser was dropped on the corner of the controls it might be minor without visible damage but can be the case that the mounting locations of the rails are slightly off and not straight at all. You wrote you checked it with a bubble level but this might be not sufficient and accurate enough. If you have the chance to check it with a digital level might show you a slide difference. This is just another point to consider and to check.
    i tried to lower the machine from the front feets... and rise from the back... still same problem...

Downloads
    Uploads

Raising the legs will not work what you have to do is unbolt the track an put a washer or shim between the frame and track.look at the pic and see the red circle that I drew to see where I would shim it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gweike laser allignament problem-shim-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

duplicate post... delete .. delete..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast