G. Weike\WK Laser - Your experiences ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G. Weike\WK Laser - Your experiences ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question G. Weike\WK Laser - Your experiences ??

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a new member and I am about ready to place my order to G. Weike for a LG6040 series Laser with a W2 reci tube. My initial uses will primarily be photo quality, lettering/logo & variable depth engraving on a variety of non-metal surfaces as well as chrome and ss using Cermark or equivalent. I am choosing the LG6040 based on machine dimensions and weight. My space is limited and may need to move the laser from time to time.
    I have been working with Melody at WK Laser, and she has been wonderful so far.
    I am interested in hearing about anyone and everyone's experiences with G. Weike\WK Laser or their product as sold by any of their resellers. One of my biggest concerns is the US Customs clearance and FDA requirements. Also, if you think my choice of LG6040 based on my planned use is off the mark please advise. I am brand new to this and am open to any and all information.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge,

Charlie
    Happy Puppy Studio

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought mine almost two years ago and it has been great.

I let G Weike handle all the shipping arangements and this was included in their quote to me. Shipped right to my home.

Had no problems with customs. Not sure why you are concerned about the FDA.

I do mostly cutting of wood with mine.
    Larry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply Larry,
    My concern regarding the FDA comes from posts where machines were held up or quarantined when the paperwork was not in order.
    Thanks again,
    Charlie

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Charlie,
    one of our old customer use our machine with preview here for your refrence and for the FDA,No problem again,don't worry.

Polygon Labs » G.Weike LC6090 Laser Engraver/Cutter Review

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Charlie,

Mine had an FDA delay on import, but it looks like they have that sorted out now. Pretty much a case of things crossing in the mail between them and the FDA. Melody did an outstanding job helping me through the situation. Customs was easy - I let the shipper they use (Panda) handle all of it.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the quality of the machine, even compared to the very expensive competitors. Mine's not set up for photo engraving, but I'm sure Melody can provide some samples. I've tested lettering, and it looks great.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the reassurance. I think I have everything in order. What did the additional charges from Panda end up being for filing all the paperwork and delivery?

Charlie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No problem. The charges from Panda themselves were pretty nominal, probably less than $200. All of the port fees, charges and other crap are where it adds up... all together, it was around $800 by the time I picked it up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Laser Engraver ordered

Thank you everyone for your input and replies. After further conversations with Melody at G. Weike I decided to order the LG6040N.
    Order was finalized 4/8/2012 so hopefully I'll have more information to share soon.

Charlie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats! That's a good looking machine, and a nice size. My first laser was a 12x24, and I always wished we'd gotten a 18x24 machine instead.

Dave

Company Representative Melody-gweike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lg6040N is really a beautiful machine. I like white color.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ordered the LC1612

Got an LC1612 ordered today with dual laser heads .... 60 watt and 150 watt...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G. Weike is a great company. I have been buying from them since 2006 - both machines and accessories, Tina is my sales Rep.
    Buy from G. WEIKE LASER JINAN - quality is assured.

AHMED

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm thinking about buyin a G.Weike Laser for cutting acrylic. What do you think I should add to the package? (Extras like automatic height finder etc.)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Progress Update

According to my last communication with Melody my laser will be finished this weekend and should start its ocean cruise on Wednesday. Attached is a photo she sent me, mine is one of the three. Melody said she would send pictures of the completed laser as its being packed for shipping, hopefully I will have those today. I will keep everyone updated on the process.

Charlie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default OOPS- The photo didnt make it on the last post.

Attached

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G. Weike\WK Laser - Your experiences ??-charlies-machine-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Charlie and Curtis,

You two's machines are on the same ship

Melody
    li@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LG6040N vs classic LG6040

I am a new member of CNC zone but a long time browser of the forum. I am currently thinking about buying one of the G. Weike lasers and am hoping someone has an opinion about their two 6040 models. It seems like the newer 6040N is built to have a similar size/shape/and work-flow to an Epilog (which I am used to). It looks a lot sleeker than the older machine and has a built in motorized z-axis. But the raster speed of 36,000mm/minute seems very slow. I am not sure if this is accurate or a typo that has percolated throughout their website and literature. The older machine says it has a raster speed of 60,000.
    Has anyone purchased one of these? Any opinions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Bosavi,

The biggest difference between LG6040N and LG6040 is outlook difference. LG6040 is equppied with three-phase motor and driver while LG6040N is with double-phase. But the speed difference is not so much. You can check the LG6040N working video i posted before in this forum. The speed is not slow at all. And LG6040 can also has motorized z-axis, but needs to add some money.
    Anyway, it depends to you to choose. You can contact me as belows, hope you can get your suitable machine later

Melody
    li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RetinaEngrave Laser Engraver Controller

Can any laser cutter work with RetinaEngrave Laser Engraver Controller ?
    Especially yours Gweike and what is the plus in terme of quality ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

RetinaEngrave is available only on Full Spectrum Laser machines and we will not sell the controller/software by itself anymore.

See our new video of v4.194 features on our facebook page: Full Spectrum Laser - Computers/Technology - Las Vegas, NV | Facebook or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCrbwBtL6Jc&feature=plcp]New RetinaEngrave 3D Features by Full Spectrum Laser - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast