Downloads
    Uploads

hi everyone

Its STILL NOT WORKING

I have loaded the firmware:
    G100_DLP_3720_770402.bin and
    top_s50_08_070323.xsvf

In Gloader.exe it shows ok, I can access the firmware web page ok

I then start the gecko and the wait for the RUN light, then start MACH3 it cycles the following error

Communication Lost / Error 777

This is my second G-Rex since purchase in July, the first one had the problem Gloader.exe never found, and I could not do anything with, it was sent back from germany at cost to me for replacement, thay said the rabbit chip was loose from shipping they just pushed it back in then tested and returned it to stock. i got a
    replacement sent and here we are G100 strike II

Please anybody contact me with a solution, I have now spent

Item Price: $399,00 USD
    Total Shipping: $21,75 USD
    Return shipping: $50.88 USD

Furious
    Carl English

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try a couple things. First, make sure the ethernet cable at the g100 is connecting well. I push it in firmly, an sometimes give it a little jiggle. If you see the RUN light on, it is working fine. If it still won't connect, unplug the power chord to the G100, and plug it back in, and wait for the RUN light to come back on. Then shut down Mach and restart that. I'm not sure why, but this little ritual seems to help me. Let Mach work for a minute or two to try connecting. It should connect in just a little bit. Once it connects, it connects good and stays that way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello do now anyone what the problem is that I can not load the firmware.
    GRex IP 169.254.169.71 net mask 255.255.0.0
    when I say launch Firmware it go the the window page but it say not find.
    on the computer stay only on mach3 not other programs are fire wall.
    But to send it back the the USA from out Belguim takes a lot of energy and money so it the G100 not test in the faktory????
    Do anyone have idea about the problem, are how I can get the firmware in the fpga.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everybody
    I have a similar problem with the G100
    During the job the machine stops and I am getting the message communication lost
    Many times connect right after I press the reconnect button, and some times cant connect at all and mast power off the G100 close the mach3 software and try many things until make it work without understand how that I managed.
    Can anyone help me with this problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tasospe
    I had some connection problems with my g100 after the rabbit was replaced by Gecko, I had to replace the network card in my pc before it would reconnect.
    Sven

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't much about the G100, but sounds like you are having noise issues causing communication errors.

Try running the Gcode file without the steppers or spindle running and see if you get less errors.

A high frequency spindle will mess up any system that is not properly wired with huge amounts of noise.

Are you grounding the G100 to the chassis and using a 3 prong plug with the same ground tpo the computer ? Or are you grounding the controller chassis to the cnc machine in any way (It shouldn't be ). Ethernet is not opto isolated and you don't want current flowing through the computer and controller ground.

Remember, the people who developed Ethernet and USB, didn't know anything about the noisy CNC environment ! Old RS232 was running at +- 15 volts to reject noise. USB runs at 3.3 volts and Ethernet at 5 volts

Larry K

Manufacturer of CNC routers and Viper Servo Drives
    www.LarkenCNC.com and www.Viperservo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For the the load the FPGA there was only the power suply connect and it was a delta power supply.
    But the first problem was that in the new Mach version there was no G-rex loader file anymore.
    About the G-rex 100 I have ask Gecko in several emails support but I never have get a answer back about the problem, and I have try to load the FPGA on 3 different computer treu the network and treu cross link cable.
    So I have send back to Gecko the G-Rex 100 and when I have make my complain by PayPal then thy have reacte.
    I only have ask to send me a new one whit a FPGA program on 100megabit but the only have send the money back whit the transport cost.
    So I don't have a Gecko G-Rex 100 anymore so I don't now how it head work for the project.
    But my concusion is that the problem is in the Windows, And maybe there are differnets between the versions in the USA and Europe.
    But I have found a firm that will make me something like the Gecko 100. And will modify his softwhere also in the U and V as whit some other small change, I have ask it on Art 1,5 year ago but he say that was not intresting for him to do.
    But he forget that the same as are use in form cutting from wings for the model world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12