G-REX wiring - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G-REX wiring

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mark,

Late getting back to me? I thank you for getting back to me at all.

The top spindle speed as spec'd on their website is 4,500rpm unfortunately not having paid attention to what actual rpm i've used before i can't tell whether this is particularly high or not.

I will probably try the G320 as you suggest simply because i already have it and see what it runs like. If it proves to be a problem i will investigate the other drives.

As for software i am intending on running it with Mach3 as this seems to be the preferred software around here.

Unfortunately Sydney is a long way from Perth so you'll have to be content with some pictures when i am underway.

Lost Tourist

Lost,

When you get time for pic's send them to:

mark dot holycross at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G100, Mach3 and Limit Switches Connections

I am new to this setup, so i will highly appreciate if some will help.

In Mach3 software, in “Ports and Pins”-->”Input Signals”, I have made configurations as described in the "manual of G100 for Mach3"

X++ 17
    X- - 15
    X Home 17

Y++ 17
    Y- - 15
    Y Home 17

Z++ 17
    Z- - 15
    Z Home 17

So if i have NC switches, shall I connect wire to “LIM” terminal then to NC switch and then to the GND available for each axis block on G100 terminals. I have also defined pin 15 in Mach3 software as X- -, so will I wire the pin 15 to the GND terminal labeled on G100 under “Digital Inputs”.
    I want to use five limit switches on my machine axes, for X axis and Y axis on both sides as . X++, X- -, Y++, Y- - and for Z axis only at Z+ side, I don’t want to use Z- -.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shah,

I'm probably not the best person to be commenting as i only just got around to connecting the motors the other night.

But as i recently started understanding things for the limit switches yes you wire them between the LIM terminal for the axis and GND. (Remembering that you can wire both limit switches in series for a single axis if they are NC, in parallel if they are NO)
    I'm a little confused about the pinouts at the moment, I would have thought your X++ and X-- are wired in series and then wired to Pin 17 and similarly Y++ and Y-- to pin 18, Z++ to pin 19. I don't understand where pin 15 is. (but it is late and i'm not paying enough attention so it may be right in front of me)

I'm not sure what your home switches are. Normally I think you would use one of the limit switches as your home, but if you are using seperate switches then you'll probably need to wire them to a non axis related digital input and code for them in Mach.

Oh yeah and i should probably update the circuit drawing to include the ERR/RES as well. I'll do it later this week

Lost Tourist

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm close now.

I successfully reloaded the firmware after installing the wrong one first and now Mach happily talks to the GRex and everything that moves moves as it should however i haven't figured out how to set up the spindle at the moment (step/dir drive) Anyone got any hints on this?

Lost Tourist

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    I do not know where to begin.

Do not know at what Stepper motor Voltage to run.
    How much VA rating ring transformer to use.
    How many Amp transformer to use.
    How many transformers, each axis or one large transformer.
    Do i need optocouplers between stepper driver and G-Rex G100
    How to wire the Home sensors
    Spindle control etc.
    All with MACH

I would be very grateful to hear from anyone willing to help with a wiring diagram.

I can email all .pdf to components etc

Stepper motors: Nema23 1.8
    BIPOLAR ONLY PARALLEL
    Current 4.2 A/Phase
    Resistance 0.7 +/-10% ohm/Phase
    Inductance 3.2 +/-20% mH/Phase
    Holding torque 300 N.cm Min

Stepper Driver Card: CW250AC

Home switches: Omron TL-Q5MC1-Z

Variable speed drive: VFD015M
    Delta inverter 220v 1.5kw

Many thanks