Problem Need to add Rotary Axis to Vortech Router

Thread: Need to add Rotary Axis to Vortech Router

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Need to add Rotary Axis to Vortech Router

My router has 4 stepper drivers running from a 3 axis board. My "Y" axis has two steppers, one on each side of the machine. Vortech sells a rotary for this, but they say I have to unplug the "X" axis to use it. My question is If I replaced the existing breakout board & drivers with a G540, can I run another G250 running in parrellel like I have now & still have the 4th axis to have its own port?
    With that said, I do have axis to a G100. Would this be a better option?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ever figure it out? Don't quote me on this but Im pretty sure should be able to run a 4th axis with a new breakout board. The one that shipped with my vortech had barely enough I/O to connect the minimum stuff. Matter of fact they had the Estop switch connect in series with an axis limit switch so that the machine would only run if the E stop was PRESSED. :-/ If you setup a new break out board you should be able to add a 4th axis without disconnecting anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure I follow youi. Would this be wired in series with or parrell to the factory board?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i change my stepper motor driver CW250 and the y axis still will not work (HELP)
    Also they are wires that goes to that y box that i would love some help with the y wires arrangement where to go from here ?
    the computer thinks the y is working ,but have no movements on the y.
    john barker