G78 threading cycle on Fanuc 0i-TD

Thread: G78 threading cycle on Fanuc 0i-TD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G78 threading cycle on Fanuc 0i-TD

Hi

I am trying to program the G78 threading cycle on a Fanuc 0i-TD without the proper Fanuc manual. I have the standard 0i-D manual which does not cover the G78.

Please can someone who knows this control jot down a quick example for me, say an M8 x 1.25 external thread 20mm long, 5 rough passes, one finish pass and one spring cut.

Thanks for your help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

If I'm not mistaken, the G78 cycle is programmed exactly like G76. The G76 is used in G-Code systems A and B, the G78 is used in G-Code system C. Have you tried the G76?

In my experience, most Japanese/Taiwanese/Korean, etc. machines are set up to use G-Code system A. Some American-made machines were set up to use system C.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G78 threading cycle on Fanuc 0i-TD-0i-g-code-system-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the G78 cycle is programmed exactly like G76. The G76 is used in G-Code systems A and B, the G78 is used in G-Code system C. Have you tried the G76?
    Hi - Yes it seems you are correct. The parameters for G76 seem the same. I have not tried G76, but I will now.

Any idea what the difference is between G76 and G78?

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

No difference other than the G-Code system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G78 threading cycle on Fanuc 0i-TD

Quote Originally Posted by harshal View Post
    Friends , G76 and G78 are similar threading cycle in fanuc contol cnc . Sometimes some fanuc control cnc model working with G78 Cycle . Mostly used for threading cycle is G76 , behaves same as G78 threading cycle. Manin program will be same , change is only is place of G76 .
    An ancient Thread that was answered succinctly by dcoupar with "No difference other than the G-Code system."

The G76 and G78 cycles are not only similar, but exact same with an alternate address. There are three different G Code Systems available with a Fanuc ontrol, A, B and C. A and B use G76 to execute the Multi-repetitive Threading Cycle, whilst the G Code C System uses G78.

Regards,

Bill