Need Help! Fanuc 0i-TF+ G83 deep hole drill cycle can I, J, and K be used like on Haas controls?

Thread: Fanuc 0i-TF+ G83 deep hole drill cycle can I, J, and K be used like on Haas controls?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 0i-TF+ G83 deep hole drill cycle can I, J, and K be used like on Haas controls?

I just started programming a Fortune NP16 with the Fanuc 0i-TF+ control. I would like to be able to have an initial large peck distance say 4 x diameter and then reduce it by 1x diameter to a minimum peck of .5 x dia. on a Haas it would look like this;
    G83 Z-.625, I0.16 J0.040 K.020 R.1 F0.0012
    Does anyone know if there is a format to make the G83 drill cycle on my control do the same thing?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 0i-TF+ G83 deep hole drill cycle can I, J, and K be used like on Haas contr

I've used the G80 series calls a little on our newer lathes that have that option, but I am nowhere near familiar enough with them to answer that question.

However, I have the G65P9136 deep drill subprogram that came on Hardinge lathes that I've modified quite a bit. The original Hardinge program allows for specifying depth of the first peck plus setting the minimum depth of cuts (until the last one). The first...and succeeding pecks...are cut in half until the specified minimum peck depth is reached. Of course the last peck is what it is unless you do the math to figure it out and change passed values to control it.

I modified it to allow for specifying the percentage for reducing following pecks (versus halving) plus other options such as slowing feedrate and/or RPM at a specified depth (which need not be the same if changing both feedrate and RPM). I also modified it so IPM can be used to run live tooling on our older lathes that don't allow IPR with live tooling. Added an option to dwell at the bottom of each peck when we started breaking carbide drills on an older Daewoo. The dwell solved that problem. The Daewoo is the only lathe where that ever happened.

However, you only need to specify the values from the original Hardinge program...other than I required 'Z' to be mandatory instead of an option.

Naturally it is a Macro B program which your control should have as standard. Would you be interested in trying it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 0i-TF+ G83 deep hole drill cycle can I, J, and K be used like on Haas contr

Or I could modify the program for you to input drill size and number of times drill diameter that you want the first peck to be. Then peck one drill diameter until the final depth. Of course the last peck could be anything from a few tenths to drill diameter. Adjusting the times drill diameter would change the amount of the last peck.

Downloads
    Uploads

PM sent

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by g-codeguy View Post
    I've used the G80 series calls a little on our newer lathes that have that option, but I am nowhere near familiar enough with them to answer that question.

However, I have the G65P9136 deep drill subprogram that came on Hardinge lathes that I've modified quite a bit. The original Hardinge program allows for specifying depth of the first peck plus setting the minimum depth of cuts (until the last one). The first...and succeeding pecks...are cut in half until the specified minimum peck depth is reached. Of course the last peck is what it is unless you do the math to figure it out and change passed values to control it.

I modified it to allow for specifying the percentage for reducing following pecks (versus halving) plus other options such as slowing feedrate and/or RPM at a specified depth (which need not be the same if changing both feedrate and RPM). I also modified it so IPM can be used to run live tooling on our older lathes that don't allow IPR with live tooling. Added an option to dwell at the bottom of each peck when we started breaking carbide drills on an older Daewoo. The dwell solved that problem. The Daewoo is the only lathe where that ever happened.

However, you only need to specify the values from the original Hardinge program...other than I required 'Z' to be mandatory instead of an option.

Naturally it is a Macro B program which your control should have as standard. Would you be interested in trying it?

It seems you have a deep knowledge of how the 9136 sub program works. We had a lathe get its memory wiped a while back and can't get this sub put back on our machine. We have a print out of the program and have input it into the lathe now we are about to test run it. My question is do you know or have a print out of what all the argument specications are ie. The #10 #33 #27. And all the others. So I can go through this program print out and better know exactly what it is it is doing. Also looking to see if you know what parameters need to be set to what to ensure it will work properly