Fastest way to program a face on a cnc lathe !!!---------2022 Tech from the 1990s - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fastest way to program a face on a cnc lathe !!!---------2022 Tech from the 1990s

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fastest way to program a face on a cnc lathe !!!---------2022 Tech from the 1990s

Wow deadlykitten, lots of good information. Thanks. What 2d programming software did you develop?

I think I would like to learn more about milling, but I also thought I would like to learn Swiss lathes. I hate them! At least the 2 we have. Good thing we have a guy now that takes care of them. I only do a little programming for them now. He sets up and makes any necessary changes to the program. Thank God!!!

Hate to admit it, but I've crashed a lathe more than once, but it wasn't the fault of the control. It was mine. Usually a typing error. I tend to forget I am only human. Have gotten out of the habit of backing off the workshift and cutting air to check out the operations for errors. It's a pisser when you miss a G1 after a G0.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fastest way to program a face on a cnc lathe !!!---------2022 Tech from the 1990s

you will see it changes as i go with it; purpose is to be fast, and process common technical drawings just like a paper shredding machine; if you have some ideas, just say

as for swiss, i only touched a citizen, dual spindle, max dia 12 ... it was a chalenge, because until than, i was not used to small tooling, so i simply needed to learn to feel that machine; it requires much more atention, especially those really tiny boring tools, or alignment of long thin drills i always got my hands and tshirt full of oil, since it did not use coolant ... onestly, i don't like it as much

mistakes are .... a god teacher onestly, because of them, i have started to look into safety methods; there is some progress

at this moment, when it comes to lathes, i no longer align them after a crash, thus i started to align only necesary tooling even on lathes with messed up geometry; a good example is drilling o40*150mm depth, on a turret tilted in z a few 10s, x off center a few mm, and tilted spindle ... i no longer worry

I would like to learn Swiss lathes. I hate them!
    haha, you have to make up your mind it's not easy to learn what you hate ... go with milling

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Magna on the side of the machine ?--Thats the name of a Canadian Auto Parts Suppliers
    Yes Cycle time is key as that is what quotations are based one and time is money the same as decimal places for complexitiy
    I worked on Hardinge/Daewoo/Doosan/Okuma/Okuma Howa/Naks/Nissin/Miano/Matsurra/Emag/Pitlers/Muratechs/Crowns/Cadets/El10/OKK/Mikano you name it the list is endless
    I changed my programming many times and when looking after 100s of machines at a time i do the same over and over again now for the machine safety and processing time
    I created mainly three G coded sub programs -----G200 Pallet or machine loading position -------G203 Machine Safe position for index and speed usually a G30 position for time travelled and a G206 which is for Manual tool change postion which on a Mill will bring the tool required to the door and on a lathe index the tool required and bring it down for safe changing ----------Once you have them the rest is copy paste for start up block and for milling programs i do in sequencel sub program calls from a main as in intial setup engineers then have the option of removing features as not required at that operation ---------------Bad day you dont learn something i say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12