GCode tweak for Wire bender

Thread: GCode tweak for Wire bender

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile GCode tweak for Wire bender

I have designed a blade and wire bender using two stepper motors, one as the feeder (X-Axis) and the other (Y-Axis) as the bender. The bending action is accomplished when the Y axis rotates either right or left. The problem I am experiencing is when I try to bend a curve. By using the GCode radius or centerpoint code (X Y I J K) The following problem arise:
    The Y- axis continues in only one direction (Either G2 or G3) and the X -Axis also continues to feed (In relation to the curve) The result is a spiral.
    I need some help with GCode that will:
    Read the Gcode (XYIJK) and for every step the Y axis receives, it should repeat that step in the opposite direction.
    Can anyone help out here. Should anyone require the plans (free) of my machine please email me at: techdesk@unirobotics.co.za. It was designed in Solidworks 2019. This is my attempt to produce a CNC rule bender for dies etc.
    Kind Regards to all- G Barnes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GCode tweak for Wire bender

For a bending operation I think it is most common to have each move on a separate line. Example: Move X, stop, move Y, stop, move X, stop............... That way you have full control over the bend parameters.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jim , just browsing stumbled across your comment about wire bending and I thought I would mention the fact that I patented a wire product way back in 2015 called the peg hook staple US patent number 9144331. I actually sold a bunch of them on eBay. It's a very good item and has great possibilities but I do not have the expertise or did then to do much with it. If you have a chance take a look at it maybe you can help me I'm interested licenseing and or even selling the patent. But the main reason I'm contacting you is because I would like to know, using my UC CNC 100 the G 91 incremental does not seem to work properly. I'm using it in conjunction with M 47 in the program does repeat but Z-axis.Does not move Incrementally. I use G 91 for that line of code. I was thinking maybe UC CNC uses a different method or G code. Contact me at telliottg@gmail.com, thanks a lot

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim if you would like, I will send you some free samples.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very cool idea!

Without looking at your code, it's kind of hard to give you an answer. You would normally invoke a G91 after positioning your axes to a known position using a G90 or a G28, in other words you need a starting point else the axis would just increment from where ever it is when you call the M47. But maybe I misunderstood the problem.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I need some help with GCode that will: Read the Gcode (XYIJK) and for every step the Y axis receives, it should repeat that step in the opposite direction
    hy cncstudies in case you will need it, i can help you with a application that will do just that / kindly

ps : if it mattes, here are other things :
    ... similar autocorection for a cam software / usa
    ... plunge operation generated among a toolpath extracted from a cnc program file / japan
    ... custom cz sync operation / africa
    ... remote control / maybe soon ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...