g codes for china cnc

Thread: g codes for china cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default g codes for china cnc

Been trying to get my cnc machine started up but having difficulty with the whole g code aspect of it. All of the videos I have found don't explain how to simply get the machine to make any marks on a piece of wood. They just jump into them using the machine without actually helping me get mine started. Trying to get a small sign business up an running with this machine but cannot seem to get the machine to do anything from the computer. How do you create a g code and how do you get the program to go from the computer to the actual cnc machine?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: g codes for china cnc

Typically, you'd use a CAM program to create the g-code file, and copy the file to your CNC machine computer, and open it and run it from the control software.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Woodhead317 View Post
    Been trying to get my cnc machine started up but having difficulty with the whole g code aspect of it. All of the videos I have found don't explain how to simply get the machine to make any marks on a piece of wood. They just jump into them using the machine without actually helping me get mine started. Trying to get a small sign business up an running with this machine but cannot seem to get the machine to do anything from the computer. How do you create a g code and how do you get the program to go from the computer to the actual cnc machine?
    You can use master CAM or similar software to generate CNC program on your PC, then transfer it via a USB flash or RS232, depends on what kind of CNC controller on your machine.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Take a couple of hours to check out a few youtube videos.These might help and you really need to get several others on your viewing list perhaps using search terms that relate to your machine or controller.

At it's most basic the machine will take a program consisting of Gcode and the occasional Mcode and will execute it when you press the green button.Until you are 100% confident that pressing the green button will give you the part you desire-don't touch it! It can get expensive very rapidly.Working backwards through the process,You have to know where the program is located before you can load it in the controller-it may be on a usb stick that you have brought to the machine from the computer on which you have your CAM program.I have a suspicion that you haven't got a CAM program.

If you have a working Cam program it will have prompted you to take the design you are trying to make part(s) for and introduce it to a new CAM file.You may well have to specify a material size to work from and the default may well be an 8'X4' sheet that you will have to specify a datum surface for-could be top or bottom and both of those have their advocates.If you were to load a file from some other source on your machine and they had used a different Z datum you would either be cutting fresh air or digging a groove in your table-which is why I emphasised not running anything until you have a good idea of what it will do.

With all the outlines you intend to cut from the piece laid out to suit your needs you can begin specifying the way you want them cut.The computer isn't a mind reader and you will have to give it some information.You begin by selecting a tool to use for the job and may have to build a list of tools in some form of tool library.You will have to specify the cutting diameter and the length of the cutting flutes and quite likely the number of teeth.You will also need to include the rate at which you want the tool to cut so that instructions can be included in the final program as well as the maximum depth per pass.

Once you have a credible set of tool parameters you can go through the process of selecting the lines that relate to each phase of the job.Its quite important that outlines are joined together and you may have a facility within the CAM program to check for breaks,its wise to use it.You need to select cutouts in a panel separately from the outside shape as they are two different sets of requirements-one is cut inside the line and one is cut outside the line and the computer will create instructions for the tool to be offset in the correct direction for either according to the information in the tool library regarding tool diameter.At some point there will be a space to enter the cut depth,which may well be your panel thickness and you are likely to have a choice of plunging in or ramping.Once you have all outlines for every phase of the job in a program you can post process them to create a program that your machine will run.In order to do this you need to find the correct post processor and you machine builder should have provided the information.

Before saving the program to a memory stick it is a very,very good idea to run a simulation of what will happen when you run the program.Some CAM programs used to just show a plan view of a dotted circle moving around a series of outlines and now its much more common to have the facility for a 3D view.If you like what you see then you take the program to the machine,load it and for a first timer run it in fresh air with one hand over the Estop button.

Before you reach this stage you will need enough competence in CAD to create or edit the shapes you wish to create and until you get this part nailed you won't produce very much.When or if you try 3D projects its a whole lot more fun (and anguish).I think I've rambled enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a link to the Free edition of DeskProto, which will be enough to get you started, once you've created something in a CAD program you want to try cutting: https://www.deskproto.com/products/free-ed.php

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

im really sorry but how on earth do i start a new thread? i have scanned every page and no luck??

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by markcgardner View Post
    im really sorry but how on earth do i start a new thread? i have scanned every page and no luck??
    On my computer,at the foot of the main page for each sub-forum and on each thread itself,there is a tab at the foot of the page that says "+Post New Thread" .does your computer not display it?