G143 Nose Radius Comp. - Hitachi Seiki HT23J

Thread: G143 Nose Radius Comp. - Hitachi Seiki HT23J

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy G143 Nose Radius Comp. - Hitachi Seiki HT23J

We have a 1998 Hitachi Seiki HT 23J CNC Lathe. It has Seicos J Multi Programming software. I could not figure out what the G143 is at the top of each program block. I was browsing through the parameter manual and saw a chart with G143 and a description. It says "G code for automatic tool nose radius compensation effective". All programs have this G143 but none of the programs have a G40, G41 or G42 to turn on the nose radius compensation.

Other issues I have with this machine are that the programs do not use offsets in the tool call-outs. All tools are T0500, T0600, T0700, etc. I've changed a tool in a program to read T0808 (Tool #08 - Offset 08 - Boring Bar). It cut a good part. But I was not getting my X diameter to size. I though maybe it was because of the change I made. So I changed it back to T0800 and ran another part. Where I had a nice radius previously, I now have a large chamfer. Also, even though I had changed to program to call up T0808, when it indexed to that tool, it still shows T0800 on the screen.

I am trying to learn this machine so I can train a new operator because our operator for the past 9 years has left the company. I am just a bit confused and wondering how the seicos J programming works compared to the Fanuc controller we have on our 2005 Leadwell T8-SM CNC Lathe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I kind of forget how to program this machine. Anyway, G143 is tool nose comp and is need to be on top of every program your are running and you don't need to cancel it the machine turn off and on on every tool change.... that's why I love these control. However if you are rerun the same tool twice the comp is not yet cancel it might act funny(most time it will be ok) i think that's what happen to the radius(G140 to cancel it by the way). As you mention T0808 or whatever the tool is, it is'nt needed only needed Txx00.

The best way to learn is trial error.

Downloads
    Uploads

With G143 do you still need to use G40, G41 and G42 to turn the nose radius comp on? Or is the G143 some magic code that takes the place of the G40, G41 and G42 and knows when to turn on the comp?

Downloads
    Uploads

G143 = G41 and G42 and the machine know which way to comp as long as you put the right tool direction(it under tool geometry offset).

Just a suggestion, put G143 where the program said G41/G42 and put G140 where the program said G40..... it's more safer that way incase you run the tool twice.

The best way to learn is trial error.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: G143 Nose Radius Comp. - Hitachi Seiki HT23J

Hello, we got a similar machine and dont know how to engage toll compensation. We tried G140, G143, G144, G145 in combination with G41 and G42. Nothing. I am trying to have it do a radius based on a example: G1 X20 Z0, G1 X22 R2, G1 Z-4. If You could help me by giving me a program example I would be very gratefull.