Is this machinable with CNC Lathe ? Because i think Milling operation would be more s

Thread: Is this machinable with CNC Lathe ? Because i think Milling operation would be more s

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is this machinable with CNC Lathe ? Because i think Milling operation would be more s

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is this machinable with CNC Lathe ? Because i think Milling operation would be mo

You forgot to attach the picture the part?

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is this machinable with CNC Lathe ? Because i think Milling operation would be mo

The link to the picture is
    'Is this machinable with CNC Lathe ? Because i think Milling operation would be more suitable'

the answer might be that you could make i on a lathe ( a true mill turn ) but why.
    this part is for a router as it is made of wood.
    the only thing that could be made round is the top of the knob to push the bullets and that is pushing the thought of using a lathe for anything on this design

Downloads
    Uploads

That would be made by a milling process, not on a lathe.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

You could do this with a hand router or on a mill, but an easy job with a hand router setup with a radius fixture

Mactec54

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

wowwwwwwww