Inserting code for "Machine Home" to fix Y axis drift on a Chinese 6090

Thread: Inserting code for "Machine Home" to fix Y axis drift on a Chinese 6090

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Inserting code for "Machine Home" to fix Y axis drift on a Chinese 6090

Hey Guys, here's one I can't seem to get a handle on... I know it's probably something super simple but I'm having a problem with it regardless.

My machine, a 6090 using a DSP controller, has a fairly significant drift problem, but only in the Y axis.
    I've tried just about every fix I know of... the J1 jumper fix, greasing the drive screw, resetting the microsteps to max... etc,, etc...
    And the only thing I've found that actually does work is to simply manually stop and rehome the machine to Machine Home at the default bottom left of the machine once every hour or so, that makes the step count start over and corrects the problem for another hour or so...
    If I just let the machine run through the whole program with no hourly rehoming cycle it will have a Y drift towards the negative...

So what I want to do is to insert a Machine Homing cycle into the Gcode every few thousand lines so I don't have to babysit this machine all night while it's working...
    Gcode G27, G28, G28.1, G28.2, G30, G53... all simply send it to the Origin Home, not the Machine Home...

I need it to go to the Machine Home so that the step count starts over... not the Origin...

Does anybody have a simple code snippet that I'm missing, that I can insert and that will allow me to get some sleep???

Thanks and I appreciate all input

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Inserting code for "Machine Home" to fix Y axis drift on a Chinese 6090

Quote Originally Posted by BillNumber1 View Post
    Hey Guys, here's one I can't seem to get a handle on... I know it's probably something super simple but I'm having a problem with it regardless.

My machine, a 6090 using a DSP controller, has a fairly significant drift problem, but only in the Y axis.
    I've tried just about every fix I know of... the J1 jumper fix, greasing the drive screw, resetting the microsteps to max... etc,, etc...
    And the only thing I've found that actually does work is to simply manually stop and rehome the machine to Machine Home at the default bottom left of the machine once every hour or so, that makes the step count start over and corrects the problem for another hour or so...
    If I just let the machine run through the whole program with no hourly rehoming cycle it will have a Y drift towards the negative...

So what I want to do is to insert a Machine Homing cycle into the Gcode every few thousand lines so I don't have to babysit this machine all night while it's working...
    Gcode G27, G28, G28.1, G28.2, G30, G53... all simply send it to the Origin Home, not the Machine Home...

I need it to go to the Machine Home so that the step count starts over... not the Origin...

Does anybody have a simple code snippet that I'm missing, that I can insert and that will allow me to get some sleep???

Thanks and I appreciate all input
    Interesting.
    G28 usually sends the machine to it's machine home not just the work origin.
    You sure it's not just a backlash issue or similar?
    If you've done most things I'd have prob ditched the controller by now.
    What programyou using (ie mach3 etc)?

Technically you should be able to:
    run for 1hr then:
    Z30. (or similar to get Z safe) then G28
    Then back to run for another hour etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Inserting code for "Machine Home" to fix Y axis drift on a Chinese 6090

I'm using the dsp (RichAuto) controller

I've used every Gcode I can think of to make it do a Machine Home Cycle...

Example:

G0Z70
    G28
    G0X0Y0

also used G28.1, G28.2, G27, G30, G53, G90, and all send it to the artificial zero set for the Work Origin
    I was just hoping someone might have experience with a system like this one and have an idea of how to make it do an automatic Machine Home Cycle to reset the step count...
    Regardless of whether a machine is really perfect or not, it's my understanding that resetting the step count periodically can help to accommodate for any unforeseen issues/errors in a longer gcode program.... and a simple machine home cycle is the easiest way to do that.