Starting script needed for home made cnc machine


Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Hi folks,

    I've just setup endstops of X and Y. For my Z I use a touch plate. I want to Home Z using the touch-plate (3.9mm thick) first, then I want it to home X Y before starting the job.
    One thing needs to be noted is that my Y homes 142mm past the start of
    my work area. So I can set an offset on my Y with something like M206 Y-142??? I think.

    This is what I have now but I'm very unsure if this will work as I want it to.

    ;Project <project>
    ;Created by Estlcam version <version> build <build>
    ;Machining time about <time> hours
    G28 X Y
    G1 Y150 F600
    M0 INSTALL TOUCH-PLATE
    G28 Z (Home Z to touchplate)
    G1 Z10 F120
    M17 (Enable Steppers)
    M0 REMOVE TOUCH-PLATE
    G1 Z-3.9 F120
    G92 X0 Y0 Z0
    G1 Z4 F120
    G28 X Y
    G90

    Thanks in advance,

    John


    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10313
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Quote Originally Posted by solly747 View Post
    Hi folks,

    I've just setup endstops of X and Y. For my Z I use a touch plate. I want to Home Z using the touch-plate (3.9mm thick) first, then I want it to home X Y before starting the job.
    One thing needs to be noted is that my Y homes 142mm past the start of
    my work area. So I can set an offset on my Y with something like M206 Y-142??? I think.

    This is what I have now but I'm very unsure if this will work as I want it to.

    ;Project <project>
    ;Created by Estlcam version <version> build <build>
    ;Machining time about <time> hours
    G28 X Y
    G1 Y150 F600
    M0 INSTALL TOUCH-PLATE
    G28 Z (Home Z to touchplate)
    G1 Z10 F120
    M17 (Enable Steppers)
    M0 REMOVE TOUCH-PLATE
    G1 Z-3.9 F120
    G92 X0 Y0 Z0
    G1 Z4 F120
    G28 X Y
    G90

    Thanks in advance,

    John
    Z is never homed to a touch -plate machine Home is Z axes up to it's max travel or where ever you want it to stop by activating the Home/ limit switch

    Z axes offset and Touch-Plate is used for setting Tool length offset G43 Etc Tool offsets G43

    Work Offsets us G54 Etc

    G28 try G53 or just G0

    G92 X0 Y0 Z0 never do a Z axes move on the same line as a X and Y axes move Z axes move is always done before a X Y move

    Mactec54


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10313
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    This is how Z axes Tool offset works

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting script needed for home made cnc machine-g43-work-tool-offset-png  
    Mactec54


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Thanks for all this.

    Are you able to change what I have to what you recommend as a whole script? G53 is not supported by Marlin (sorry I should've said that's what I was using).

    Still trying to get my head around it all.

    Thanks again for the reply



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10313
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Quote Originally Posted by solly747 View Post
    Thanks for all this.

    Are you able to change what I have to what you recommend as a whole script? G53 is not supported by Marlin (sorry I should've said that's what I was using).

    Still trying to get my head around it all.

    Thanks again for the reply
    No I can't help you with your control, you are best to try where the Marlin software is used there may be some users on here, but in general that is what is happening when people get into a system with very little support

    Mactec54


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10313
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No I can't help you with your control, you are best to try where the Marlin software is used there may be some users on here, but in general that is what is happening when people get into a system with very little support
    This thread most likely has a better system than what you are working with https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncat...cam-forum.html

    Mactec54


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This thread most likely has a better system than what you are working with https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncat...cam-forum.html
    Thanks mate



  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    6026
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

    Marlin is great for 3d printers, but not what you want on a CNC. Your way better off going with GRBL or Linux CNC or one of the other open source packages for CNC.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

Starting script needed for home made cnc machine

Starting script needed for home made cnc machine