Any masters at editing with notepad++?

Thread: Any masters at editing with notepad++?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any masters at editing with notepad++?

This is more of a notepad question, but wasnt sure where to ask it. I have a mill turn setup with a brake for locking the spindle and i need to take gcode files and enter a specific M code before and after every line with an "A" in it. This will unlock the spindle before every A axis move, and lock it after every A axis move. Eventually i want to get this working in the post processor, but for now i think this will be more simple.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any masters at editing with notepad++?

Are you looking to change something like this:

"A"
    "B"
    "A"

to something like this:

M1 "A" M2
    "B"
    M1 "A" M2

If so, press Ctrl+H or select "search" and then "Replace..." from the menu bar. Then enter "A" in the Find What field and then M1 "A" M2 in the replace with field and then click on replace all.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, I need a new line before and after like this:

"B"
    G0 A180
    "B"

to:

"B"
    M1231
    G0 A180
    M1230
    "B"

It needs to find all lines of G code with an "A" in them, add a new line "M1231" before it, and a new line "M1230" after it. Can notepad do this? Actually better yet, if it could search instead for "G0 A". Fusion 360 uses all capital letters in tool descriptions so searching for only "A" would occasionally give some unneeded M codes

Last edited by QuinnSjoblom; 07-14-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSjoblom View Post
    This is more of a notepad question, but wasnt sure where to ask it. I have a mill turn setup with a brake for locking the spindle and i need to take gcode files and enter a specific M code before and after every line with an "A" in it. This will unlock the spindle before every A axis move, and lock it after every A axis move. Eventually i want to get this working in the post processor, but for now i think this will be more simple.
    easier in the postprocessor than via notepad++

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted in the notepad forum and got the code needed to make it happen, but i would much rather do it in the post. Do you know how? Or did you just mean its easier because i dont need to modify every gcode file? In that case, yes, definitely agree, but no idea how to make that edit. I posted in fusion 360 forum, we'll see if someone responds

Downloads
    Uploads

I edit the sheetcam post processors easy enough, I've not used Fusion360 to output gcode (yet) but I can't see it being that difficult

don't "look" that complicated

Downloads
    Uploads

I sent you a present, check your PMs

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

This turned out to be ridiculously simple to do on the post. The mach3 post in fusion which is based on fanuc, already has the feature of locking an axis for indexing. All i had to do was search the post for on command axis lock/unlock, and insert my m codes, done. When posting code it now automatically inserts my macro for unlocking before any A axis index and locking after A axis index. What's really cool is that fusion also knows the difference between indexing and 4 axis simultaneous, so if I do any continuous 4 axis stuff, it stays unlocked for all of it. Turned out so much simpler than I thought it would be.